Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Technical Articles - Discussion

Inside Darrell Holland's Long Range Shooting School By Ernie Bishop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 05:04 PM

Re: Inside Darrell Holland's Long Range Shooting School By Ernie Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADMIN View Post
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Inside Darrell Holland's Long Range Shooting School, By Ernie Bishop. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Ernie great article. I enjoyed the class last year. I am planning on going to the alumni shoot. I have been to a number of LE/MIL training classes for shooting; this class exceeded my expectations. It also aided me in getting a good 130 class Oregon Coastal black tail buck this year with my 308.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADMIN View Post
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Inside Darrell Holland's Long Range Shooting School, By Ernie Bishop. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.
I have not attended Darrell's school but I did attend another school at the age of 54. I shot all my life and like many thought I was a good shot and I had made many excellent/lucky shots. When I got into long range , 1 1/2 inch groups didn't make the grade. I thought I needed better guns,scopes, loads, or anything except more skill as a shooter. Long story short, I took a three day class and my groups with same guns, amo ,ect shrank to 1/2 inch. I would highly reccomend anyone getting into long range take a shooting school from Darrell or anyone else who covers all the basics like he does and you will dramaticly improve your skills and confidence. Even if you have shot for years, the class will teach you the correct terminoligies so you can make sence of the things you read on the rest of the threads on this forum. The cost of a school is less than a good scope and will improve your shooting much more!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:18 PM
SPONSOR

Sometimes we assume we can buy our way into good field shooting at distance.
Good equipment is recommended, but the foundation is the skills on how to use that equipment to the fullest is something that we all continue to work on.
Good thoughts on your post!