Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Technical Articles - Discussion

How Do I Know What To Buy? By Jeremy Knepp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Gold Member

Re: How Do I Know What To Buy? By Jeremy Knepp

a nice well written article. ive been a savage supporter/owner for about 50
years. thanks to them leftys were offered bolt guns when others felt us unworthy. the accuracy level of the new savages is unbelievable to me.
only one comment id make regarding long range hunting.
we (hunt) with our eyes not our feet and our guns. good glasses on a steady rest like a tripod should get as much or even more attention as your gun choice.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
a nice well written article. ive been a savage supporter/owner for about 50
years. thanks to them leftys were offered bolt guns when others felt us unworthy. the accuracy level of the new savages is unbelievable to me.
only one comment id make regarding long range hunting.
we (hunt) with our eyes not our feet and our guns. good glasses on a steady rest like a tripod should get as much or even more attention as your gun choice.
I agree. It's been a while since I have written this article. At the time I was just focused on the rifle and optics for the rifle. But, I do absolutely agree with you.
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Silver Member

I like Savage too and have had good accuracy! The only thing that ever bothered me was that they didn't shoulder as comfortable as browning.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Bronze Member

As the snow fly's outside I read the post and will read it again. Great read!!!! I like what Savage has done with there rifles and also your mention of the 270 being underrated. With bullets from Berger and Matrix the door has been opened up for all calibers to improve your ballistics down range.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270 Sender0 View Post
As the snow fly's outside I read the post and will read it again. Great read!!!! I like what Savage has done with there rifles and also your mention of the 270 being underrated. With bullets from Berger and Matrix the door has been opened up for all calibers to improve your ballistics down range.
I completely agree. Glad you liked the read. It's been a long time since I have written it. Thanks for your interest.
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!