Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Technical Articles - Discussion

Extreme Weather Coyotes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Extreme Weather Coyotes

Quote:
My hunting partner, Ben Cade and I were hunting a pasture near an abandoned farm house with goats, horses and a handful of cattle there. A long narrow grove shielded us from the wind momentarily and for a minute we thought it wasn't so bad. Reality set in when we got on the other side of the windbreak and the wind was once again blowing snow and taking our breath away. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Extreme Weather Coyotes, By Mark Brendemuehl. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:28 AM
SPONSOR

Re: Extreme Weather Coyotes

Great article, Mark. Made me cold just reading it! Cold is one thing but cold with bitter wind is another thing all together. Hardcord stuff. I enjoyed the photos too. Some wooly coyotes right there.
www.no-off-season.com

"No crowds, no limits, no seasons...no bad days."
Old 03-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Bronze Member

TT- thanks for the comments. Sorry, I haven't been on here much the last few weeks. I have been trying to get photos of the local duck population and fighting the snow!
Yes, it was brutally cold, but, hunts like that you never forget. Heck if it was easy, it wouldnt be fun right??
Hope you had a great season.
Mark
Old 07-21-2014, 11:00 PM
Bronze Member

Good read and the coolest part of it all is that pic where you fellas are laying down. Unless I am mistaken you are facing roughly north overlooking a good sized prairie dog town on some govt land. I know that exact spot and have killed coyotes there as well as a pile of PDs....good spot. Just cool to see. I recognized it immediately...

Jamie from MN

take care and once again, good read!
Old 07-22-2014, 10:38 AM
Bronze Member

Jamie- Thanks for the kind words. It was fantastic hunt. You are correct in the location, that I am sure. We only hunted that spot there for a day. We got there and it was full of human tracks and truck tracks, and we tried it anyway since we drove so far to just be there. Neat spot, and it made for some cool hero shots when we were done.
Thanks again- take care
Mark
Old 07-22-2014, 06:56 PM
Bronze Member

Human tracks...hunters or human tracks rig workers? tons of rig workers anymore. a decade ago you would never have seen a single foot print that time of year....its a shame IMO. Its over run these days but its still a damn cool spot!

Jamie
Old 07-23-2014, 10:47 AM
Bronze Member

Hunter for sure. Found where they made sets, and where they were walking, no one would, more so in those temps, unless they were hunting. Neat area. I would like to go back and shoot some p-dogs there.. that could be fun!