Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Technical Articles - Discussion

Extreme Shooting and Filming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Extreme Shooting and Filming

Quote:
At the shot, we all erupted with shouts, high fives and knuckles. To my knowledge, no one had ever pulled this off for national television-a 1000+ yard shot on a football-sized varmint known as a rockchuck! We were ecstatic! Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Extreme Shooting and Filming, By Tim Titus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

What's new at the...

Long Range Hunting Gear and Supplies
Old 05-14-2013, 03:36 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Extreme Shooting and Filming

Very good Tim! I realize stuff all has to come together, but how much did the bigger optic contribute. Were you guys able to utilize the upper end of the power range?
Old 05-14-2013, 06:32 PM
SPONSOR

Re: Extreme Shooting and Filming

The weather was relatively cool and though there was some mirage, the upper magnifications were still usable. The mirage in the spotting scopes actually helped with the wind calls. This is one place that high magnification and super clear glass earns its keep especially for those of us with middle-aged eyes. Small targets blending into the rocks made pinpoint target acquisition tough. Chris found himself at a clear disadvantage with the 3.5-15X NF. It just wasn't enough magnification under these conditions. My personal LR varmint rig has a 5.5-22X56 NF. It's the minimum for me in this type of shooting.
www.no-off-season.com

"No crowds, no limits, no seasons...no bad days."