Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Technical Articles - Discussion

Dwell Time And Your Trigger By Darrell Holland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 09:35 PM
SPONSOR

Re: Dwell Time And Your Trigger By Darrell Holland

Thank you for your kind response, I alway try to offer words of wisdom to fellow shooters....

Energy transfers and over travel adjustments are just a few tips to help you perform better in the field. Watch for our video clips regarding bolt manipulation and bi-pod deployment. You will find them very useful as well.

As a post Christmas present to yourself, give some thought to attending one of our long range shooting schools.

Until then,

Be safe and burn lots of powder getting good....

Respectfully,

Darrell Holland
Old 01-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Silver Member

This it kinda funny I have been saving this article for awile. I having trying to learn every thing about the 700 trigger I can. What started it was buying a new 700 I have been shooting my 721 years. The difrence between the way the saftey works drove me nuts. (bolt locking down) Anyway I got them both at the smith now the 700 is going to be just like a 721 & the 721 is going to be just like a 700 drop in fit. nothing new here just personal preference & want it easer to restock the 721. that article was just about jewled triggers right and vary good by the way. Is this right I would want just a bit of over travle so I dont flinch? Just a nice smooth break as my finger goes by?
Old 01-30-2010, 01:19 PM
SPONSOR

Gentlemen,

Greetings once again....

My article pertains to the the Jewell tirgger and the abiltiy to adjust the overtravel so as to eliminate an ENERGY TRANSFER when mashing the trigger. It does not apply to a factory Remington trigger as the sear designs are quite different.

I seriously doubt that cold temperatures will result in a change of pull with a properly adjusted trigger of any kind. The molecular change ( shrinkage) in a small piece of steel to affect the sear angle ( POSITIVE NEGATIVE SEAR ENGAGEMNT) is un-measurable. The sear spring would make up for any minute descrepencey in sear angles etc.

If you are NOT familiar with sear angles, engagement, sping tension etc. Consult a gunsmith or someone who is.....

Serious shooters take the time to know and understand the inner workings of their rifle....

Education is the key to success.

Best of luck to everyone...

Respectfully,

Darrell Holland