Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Technical Articles - Discussion

Clark Youth Shooting Camp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Silver Member

Re: Clark Youth Shooting Camp

I have two kids (12 & 13) that would love to go to to your next class. How do you choose the 20?
Old 08-17-2011, 11:40 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucknbach View Post
I have two kids (12 & 13) that would love to go to to your next class. How do you choose the 20?
Chunknbach, I just sent you a PM.

For everyone else: I hand picked the first batch of kids. I knew all of them and most of thier parents. My biggest concern/issue is not providing this skill to trouble makers or kids with disapline issues. YES we shoot full caliber hunting rifles.... so if a young hunter can't follow the rules or act responsible it puts EVERYONE at risk. You simply can't have fun or learn if someone gets hurt. If they are motivated and eager to learn reguardless of experience level I would love to have them. I would perfer to be able to meet them in advance if possible.

I at this point am not set up to house kids from out of town. So if you can't commute or don't have family in the area it would be pretty tough to host your child. I had considered making at a true "camp" with tents, cots ect. but it was just too logistically intensive for me. BUT..... If someone has a location that can provide some form of lodging and food with an area we can use as an acceptable range I would certainlly entertain the idea.

On a side note, I would be more than willing to share all classes and info I have with anyone wanting to run a course as long as it is non-profit.

Pete
Psalms 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee. He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."
Old 08-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Silver Member

Pete,

You posted on my profile. I replied to it on there as well.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...rs/chucknbach/
Old 08-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Gold Member

Pete, Thanks for the great write up of your class, I was wondering how it all went. It sounds like a great time was had by all, and the kids learned a lot about shooting and being safe. Thank you for spending your time and effort, and for putting a lifetime of shooting expertise to such a good use.

Rick
Old 08-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM416 View Post
Pete, Thanks for the great write up of your class, I was wondering how it all went. It sounds like a great time was had by all, and the kids learned a lot about shooting and being safe. Thank you for spending your time and effort, and for putting a lifetime of shooting expertise to such a good use.

Rick
Howdy Rick!

The pleasure was truely all mine!!!! Thank you for all your help and advice. It was truely a team effort. You and Shane provided alot of great input.
Psalms 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee. He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."
Old 08-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucknbach View Post
Pete,

You posted on my profile. I replied to it on there as well.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...rs/chucknbach/

Chuck, I replied back again. I will try to call you soon.
Pete
Old 08-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Silver Member

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.