Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Technical Articles - Discussion

Clark Youth Shooting Camp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Clark Youth Shooting Camp

Quote:
In a small town it doesn't take long for news to travel. So it didn't take long for the fact to get out that I hoped one day to get a few of our teenager hunters out to learn a few things. Apparently that planted a seed, because my words eventually came full circle. Several dads asked that I run a youth shooting course. Of course they didn't really have to twist my arm too hard, and the Clark County Youth Shooting Camp was born.
Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Clark Youth Shooting Camp: Passing on the Heritage, By Pete Weisbrod. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:03 AM

Re: Clark Youth Shooting Camp

Looks like a great time was had by all!!!!! Great job Pete.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Platinum Member

Can someone send me a private message on how to get hold of this gentleman. I would like to know if Hes doing another class and if so id like to donate. Thanks
Old 07-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by screech View Post
Can someone send me a private message on how to get hold of this gentleman. I would like to know if Hes doing another class and if so id like to donate. Thanks
Howdy Screech! I won't be running another class until next summer. Any help would again be very much appreciated. I can be reached at padreweis@hotmail.com if you would just drop me a line I will put you on my email list. I will start seeking sponsors again next spring.

Thanks!!!
Pete
Psalms 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee. He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."
Old 07-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasceto362 View Post
Looks like a great time was had by all!!!!! Great job Pete.
Yis Sir, we had a heck of a time. I really just enjoyed being with the kids and watching thier antics. Thanks, it was alot of work but worth every second!!!!
Psalms 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee. He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."
Old 08-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks for the article Pete. I was wondering how it all went down.

Glad to hear it went well and was fun too. Did you have alot of mosquitos to deal with? We got hit hard with them in June this year.

Wondering how many of the kids shot 22 centerfires in this class?
What did most of them bring for guns/calibers?......anything predominant, or was it just random.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Bronze Member

Howdy Shane! No the bugs weren't bad. We had a really late spring which I think helped.

The .243 reigned supreme with 8 followed by the .223 at 5, We had 4 .270s a .308, 7mm Mag and even a winchester 1894 in 30-30!!

.243, .270 and 30-30 all Shot federal power shok ammo. .223s and 7mm where shooting remington core locks and my lone .308 was shooting handloads.

I tried to go with inexpensive ammo that the boys can get anywhere, hence be able to maintain some type of consistancy.

Pete