Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Technical Articles - Discussion

Berger Bullets' Move To The G7 Standard BC By Bryan Litz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 08:45 AM
Silver Member

Re: Berger Bullets' Move To The G7 Standard BC By Bryan Litz

Bryan I am interested in your book since from what I read it is the best source currently available for accurate BC's of a multitutde of bullets. However I have a few questions which I have sent to you 3 times by email and have not received a response. Perhaps you are not receiving my email request so I will post my request for info here.

1. There are some Berger Bullets being made that are not on the Berger website. One example is the 338 Hybrid bullets. Recent information shows that the BC's for this bullet have been lowered and that a new 300 gr hybrid 338 bullet will be forthcoming. Will the new Hybrid 300 gr have a different BC form the present bullet?

2. Have you tested all the Berger Bullets that are being made and do the BC's shown on the Berger Website match what you have determined thru your testing. For example the 6mm hunting bullet BC of .532 appears to be high. What does your test show.

3. I understand that Berger will be adding Hybrid bullets to their products in all calibers. What effect will this have to the BC of the bullets and will you be testing and publishing an update to your book with these added Berger bullets.

4. With regards to the Berger 7mm 180 gr Hybrid and 7mm 180 gr VLD, what are the BC's for these 2 bullets and is the Hybrid presently being made and sold? I can't seem to find them at retailoutlets.

5. Does your testing include JLK bullets, in particular their 6mm 105 gr bullet. Their published BC of .560 does not appear to be accurate.

Thanks, Bill.
ost my request for info here.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:20 PM

I totally agree with the G7 concept. It's actually starting to get confusing out there with all the different products available. It's a relief to see somebody is actually trying to start comparing "apples to apples". You're right-so many people don't understand or know the G7 concept, but are willing to put hard earned dollars down on inferior or misrepresented products. This really is a move in the right direction!!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:10 AM

I'm kinda new to the forum, but not to long range shooting. .338/378 shot at 1970 yds right with 300 gr SMK. Used & am using program with PM Ballistics. Data works extremely well. Have had to go get deer at 1250,1455 & 100yds with total of 6 shots. G7 does work. Of course, that's just our bunchHope this helps give confidence in G7. Dave
Old 03-27-2012, 11:26 AM

Hi Bryan, thanks for all the info. Have your book, 2nd edition, and software. I am learning lots, but can not run the software, but I know why. My computer systems is linux based, clostered together, but no internet. All my internet is either via moble or thethered through my phone.

Will there be a mobil version (Android) of your software in the near future? A mobil software version would be very helpful out at the range.

Thanks again.

Dean Harmon
Romney WV

Last edited by CyberDean; 03-27-2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Update