Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Technical Articles - Discussion

Basic Rifle Maintenance - Part 3 By Vince Bottomley

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Basic Rifle Maintenance - Part 3 By Vince Bottomley

Quote:
In part one we covered the bolt, then the barrel in part 2, so now letís take a look at the action/stock.

Letís start with the action. Most actions will be retained in the stock with two or maybe three screws. This method of retention dates back well over a century so it looks as though someone got it right pretty early on. By removing the action-screws we can separate the barrelled-action from the stock. If your rifle has an integral box-magazine, be prepared for a few bits to jump out. You can pre-empt this by releasing the floor-plate Ė usually achieved by operating a catch near to the trigger-guard. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Basic Rifle Maintenance - Part 3, By Vince Bottomley. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:41 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Basic Rifle Maintenance - Part 3 By Vince Bottomley

Does anybody know which adjustable torque wrench, Wheeler's FAT or Weaver's, which is better?
I need some advice. The FAT does have a lot of negative reports, while Weaver's has only 2, which is positive, but not very helpful.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:43 PM

Re: Basic Rifle Maintenance - Part 3 By Vince Bottomley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADMIN View Post
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Basic Rifle Maintenance - Part 3, By Vince Bottomley. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.
hi vince this is nick dadamo, great article, is there anything in uk that i may make my blind mag in rifle into single feed shooting ? this ideas is to teach me keeping my head behind scope, via single feeding and using bullet block for bullets can you please let me know. cheers nick dadamo