Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Administration > Website & Forum Support

Website & Forum Support Questions On How The Forum and Website Works

Webshots image posting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2002, 10:08 AM
Silver Member

Webshots image posting

All,
Still haven't been able to figure out why, but I've tested my own pictures from www.webshots.com free image hosting service and they will not display on this and other message boards using different software. The problem is access to the pictures on the image hosting site(s). I've heard of other sites giving the same problem also.
One site that seems to work on all boards so far from what I see is http://www.hunting-pictures.com. I don't have any affiliation to this site at all. Just simply stating it the one site that seems to work for displaying images on all the meesage boards that I know of right now.

If you want to continue to use whatever service you have now even though it doesn't display properly you can psot the URL itself. Then anyone that wants to see the picture can just cut/paste the whole URL and paste it into your web browser's address window and look at it there. Then jsut hit your back button to come back to LRH.

NOTE: If you post a image on a site that is unknown of whether it will work or not....

When you put in the image link here at LRH and you psot comes up. If you see the image display, hit your browsers "reload" or "refresh" icon. If the image still appears your all set. If it doesn't display after the reload, then you weren't seeing the image from the hosting site but from a file in your browsers cache file. So it never truely worked. And it won't work for anyone else either. At this point you would have to revert to the method of cut/pasting the URL described above.

Hope this helps. If anyone else finds some more concrete evidence of why this happens I would like to know. But I've got rifles to shoot and my boys to wrestle with, rather than chasing down image hosting folks to answer these questions.

Good Luck!
Steve

Steve
Old 04-20-2002, 05:35 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Webshots image posting

Here goes.......

Try to edit in another pic and see if the first one stays or what happens. From my yahoos (FREE) photo album. First one worked great and was much faster and easier than Hunting pics .com and yahoo will be around for a while I think. The guy at Gateway turned me on to it when I bought my laptop last week.

Looks like this hosting site runs pretty smooth, all that from registering to uploading photos to posting took under 15 minites, wow!
[ 04-20-2002: Message edited by: Brent ]

Old 04-20-2002, 06:28 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Webshots image posting

Testing