Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Administration > Website & Forum Support

Website & Forum Support Questions On How The Forum and Website Works

time stamp difference on posts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 06:10 AM
Silver Member

time stamp difference on posts

Can't figure out the time difference. I am in the central time zone. I am going to post this thread at 06:09. I am certain it will show up as 11:09?
Old 03-29-2014, 06:57 AM
Gold Member

Re: time stamp difference on posts

The site uses GMT(Greenwich Mean Time) for all posts.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:11 AM
Silver Member

Thanks. You'd think an old pilot woulda figured that out .
Old 03-29-2014, 10:32 PM
he fixes stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick523 View Post
The site uses GMT(Greenwich Mean Time) for all posts.
No, actually, the site uses whatever time zone you want it to. You can change it to suit by going to User CP > Edit Options > Date & Time Options (that box is near the bottom of the page I linked to). You can even select if you want it to automatically detect DST settings or leave it always off or always on.

Setting your time zone will cause the date, wherever you see it, to be the time in the zone you selected. In other words, if mountainman56 posts a message at 6:10am his time, it will appear to me as 4:10am because I live in the Pacific time zone.

If you do not select your own time zone, the default is Central time, which is the time zone Len lives in. His site, his time. ;)

Jim
Old 03-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Fixer View Post
No, actually, the site uses whatever time zone you want it to. You can change it to suit by going to User CP > Edit Options > Date & Time Options (that box is near the bottom of the page I linked to). You can even select if you want it to automatically detect DST settings or leave it always off or always on.

Setting your time zone will cause the date, wherever you see it, to be the time in the zone you selected. In other words, if mountainman56 posts a message at 6:10am his time, it will appear to me as 4:10am because I live in the Pacific time zone.

If you do not select your own time zone, the default is Central time, which is the time zone Len lives in. His site, his time. ;)

Jim
I was going by the bottom of the page "All times are GMT. The time now is 4:39 PM"

Old 03-30-2014, 12:10 PM
he fixes stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick523 View Post
I was going by the bottom of the page "All times are GMT. The time now is 4:39 PM"
I was mistaken. Although Len did set a default time zone, it does not appear to have an effect on the settings in the User Options. So yes, it defaults to GMT. But if you like to personalize your experience here, you have a lot of options to select in your User CP.

Jim