Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Administration > Website & Forum Support

Website & Forum Support Questions On How The Forum and Website Works

thread subscription????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: thread subscription????

The e-mail in my profile is correct, I am suscribed to get the notifications, and I don't get pm notifications either. Haven't changed anything that would kick them back as spam??
Len, send me a direct e-mail from the LRH server to see if I can get that.

"Character is who you are when nobody is watching"

Last edited by Joel Russo; 11-06-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Gold Member

I got an email notifying me that Joel had replied to this thread.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Gold Member

Location: Sagauache County, Co...3170 sq miles, not a single stop light!

found my problem i think....email was wrong... duh
Old 11-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
FROM VBulletin support

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Maybe.. they (or their ISP) are blocking them as spam?
They have an incorrect email address in their profile?

And it's only the Thread Notification emails they aren't getting? Maybe.. they aren't subscribed to get them?
Have them see if they receive a PM notification email, do a test.
Have an Admin use the LRH server to send them a direct email and see if that arrives.
None of the above!

PMs work fine.

This is getting bothersome. Very. . .

I'll work with any that desire to trouble shoot or try things
Old 11-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Platinum Member

Roy, if it was me and I was having this problem, and since the software supporters don't have any solid answers, I'd go into my "User Control Panel" and change the setting to "Do Not Subscribe". Then I'd delete my cache and cookies and probably run "CCleaner" just for good measure.

I know this will probably get responses from techies about it being a waste of time but I'd sure be trying everything I could in the meantime to see if something works. After exiting my browser and having done the above, I'd then go back into my "User Control Panel" and set the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" back to "Instant Email notification" and see if that helped.

None of this may solve your problem but at least your will be doing something to see if you can get it working again. I'm sure Len will continue working on this but he is on a hunt for a few days.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Platinum Member

Okey Dokey. . . here goes . . . but . . .

There is one computer that I use that is a mac and firefox. There are 95 computers on the "floor" were I serve. All runnng IE or firefox. I can't do that for all of them. Correct?

BTW, what the squat is Len doing hunting. At this time of the year!!:

Imma Mac what's CCleaner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss7mm View Post
Roy, if it was me and I was having this problem, and since the software supporters don't have any solid answers, I'd go into my "User Control Panel" and change the setting to "Do Not Subscribe". Then I'd delete my cache and cookies and probably run "CCleaner" just for good measure.

I know this will probably get responses from techies about it being a waste of time but I'd sure be trying everything I could in the meantime to see if something works. After exiting my browser and having done the above, I'd then go back into my "User Control Panel" and set the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" back to "Instant Email notification" and see if that helped.

None of this may solve your problem but at least your will be doing something to see if you can get it working again. I'm sure Len will continue working on this but he is on a hunt for a few days.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Platinum Member

Len is out hunting the rut for whitetails and mulies.

I forgot that you are a Mac Daddy kinda guy.

Quote:
CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. Easy to use and a small, fast download.
You can get it here for either Mac or PC. ==> CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download