Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Administration > Website & Forum Support

Website & Forum Support Questions On How The Forum and Website Works

Thread Reply Order

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Silver Member

Thread Reply Order

When I go into a section of the forum, such as the long range hunting section, all the topics appear in order from newest to oldest (which is the way that I set my options in the user control panel), but when I go into an individual thread, the posts also show up newest to oldest instead of showing the posts from post #1 through post #whatever. It is a real PITA to have to go to page 4 on a topic to start reading the first post and go backwards from there.

Am I missing some setting somewhere? I want to be able to read post #1 first. It doesn't matter if I am using Firefox or IE - both show up the same. On IE, all cookies/temp files have been cleared with no effect. I go to another forum that is running vBulletin Version 3.5.2 and it shows up fine.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonehuntingagain View Post
When I go into a section of the forum, such as the long range hunting section, all the topics appear in order from newest to oldest (which is the way that I set my options in the user control panel), but when I go into an individual thread, the posts also show up newest to oldest instead of showing the posts from post #1 through post #whatever. It is a real PITA to have to go to page 4 on a topic to start reading the first post and go backwards from there.

Am I missing some setting somewhere? I want to be able to read post #1 first. It doesn't matter if I am using Firefox or IE - both show up the same. On IE, all cookies/temp files have been cleared with no effect. I go to another forum that is running vBulletin Version 3.5.2 and it shows up fine.
I think your answer is in your post. If you want posts to be displayed as oldest to newest (past #1 first), that is what you should select in the user control panel.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Silver Member

That did it. I think what was confusing me was when the forum first came back online the threads were in all kinds of different orders, and while trying to get it setup, I must have changed that setting.

Thanks!