Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Administration > Website & Forum Support

Website & Forum Support Questions On How The Forum and Website Works

PM Automatic Notification - On Log-On

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Silver Member
PM Automatic Notification - On Log-On

Hi Len,

It would appear there seems to be a few issues with people not receiving PM's sent to them. Not that it was not sent, but the receiver does not realise they actually have a PM waiting there to read/collect. The member must manually/visually 'check' the small text on the upper right corner of the forum page to see if there is a PM waiting or not: "Private Message: Unread 0, Total X."

I'm a member of other forums and they have an automatic notification, dialogue box pop up when you first log onto the forum which states you have a PM and how many. A very obvious message they cannot miss.

Would you be able to activate this feature?

Thanks so much.

Cheers, CentreHit.
Beware of the man with one gun.

Unread 02-23-2009, 05:25 AM
Re: PM Automatic Notification - On Log-On

There is a much better option in the User Control Panel. I removed the code for the pop up one in an attempt to streamline the pages. That's a project I haven't finished yet...sigh. But in any case, it's gone and I can't get it back.

Here is the better one that works even if you don't log in or if you haven't been on the site at all:

Send Notification Email When a Private Message is Received

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors