Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Administration > Website & Forum Support

Website & Forum Support Questions On How The Forum and Website Works

Missing 'Security Token'?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 11:50 PM
Gold Member

Missing 'Security Token'?

I posted a pair of Swaro 10x42 bino's for sale, but when I tried to upload pictures from my hard drive I got an error message stating that I was missing a 'security token' and that I should contact Admin. Never had a problem posting pictures before. Can you help out or give me some guidance as to what I need to do?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:45 PM
he fixes stuff

Re: Missing 'Security Token'?

The most likely cause of that was your images were too large, either in dimensions, file size or both. Please keep in mind that the largest monitors people use are usually around 1920x1080. Your camera might be producing pictures 2 or 3 times that size. Cameras produce large resolution images so that they can be edited without losing much quality. So, edit the size of your images and try again. Reducing the dimensions usually also reduces the file size.

When you use the upload system, the box that pops up to select your image files has a table that indicates how big your pictures should be. If they are larger than that, the forum software tries to reduce the size for you. Sometimes it fails because the images are just too big. That's when you see the security token message - which has nothing to do with security or tokens.

Jim, LRH webmaster