Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Administration > Website & Forum Support

Website & Forum Support Questions On How The Forum and Website Works

LRH Page loading time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2014, 03:47 PM
Silver Member

Re: LRH Page loading time

I am having problems as well, both on my phone, home pc, and the computer at work. Sometimes the website loads lightning fast, other times it always hangs up while its loading something to do with "ads" i dont remember the specific text at the bottom of the page.

Other times such as just now and multiple times over the past week or so, when I tried to reply to a thread, the website just hangs up on "waiting for longrangehunting.com". I can go back on my browser, re-write my reply and snap it submits instantly.

Doesnt happen all the time but its sporadic. 10 meg connection usually get 30 to 56 ping on Bf4 servers and all other online servers I use, such as ventrilo, mumble, teamspeak, WOT, Diablo 3, AION, GW etc.

I normally show zero % packet loss, and notice no problems on the other sites I frequent but I am not sure any other sites have quite this volume of ads, not sure since I dont pay attention unless I am having problems, Sites like Weather.com sometimes act funky. Accurateshooter always works great though. I suspect its a conflict with an ad-blocker and when i "re-load" the page, the offending ad is not on that particular rotation. Sporadic problem.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Silver Member

It just did it again, stuck on "waiting for lrhmag.com" while it was stuck here, i opened another window in my browser on my other monitor, and navigated to snipershide forums, weather channel website, several gaming websites, ebay, amazon, remington, savage, thompson center, redding, nosler, and the battlefield 4 forums. All while the LRH website was stuck on "waiting for lrhmag.com". I loaded all of these pages no problems, browsed around a couple of links on each all the while LRH was frozen.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:23 PM
he fixes stuff

There have been known issues with ad-blocking software, including causing some website's pages to load more slowly. We can't stop or prevent users from installing that kind of software, but we do not support its use on LRH. Ad blocking plugins and software add-ons are not supported by any commercial website I know of. I can't optimize our server for those products because it would be counter to our goal of being a successful commercial enterprise and responsible employer.

Try turning ad blocking software off and see if it makes a difference (you will also have to clear your browser cache for the test). If you continue to have issues without ad blocking software, then report them here and I will do my best to resolve them.

Jim