Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Administration > Website & Forum Support

Website & Forum Support Questions On How The Forum and Website Works

LRH Page loading time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Silver Member

LRH Page loading time

Howdy,
I am using FIREFOX and it seems like the pages on LRH take a while to load especially when switching forums.

Just me or are others seeing this too?

Have a wonderful weekend all.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:50 AM
Platinum Member

Re: LRH Page loading time

I'm seeing this too on my mac with safari.. thought it was my internet connectionů

Len, upgrade working ok????
Old 03-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Silver Member

I really like this site but when it takes 30 seconds to 2 minutes to load different pages I lbegin to lose interest and start looking at other sites.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Bronze Member

I have found if while you are waiting for the page to load and it is taking more than a few seconds to just hit the stop button and the page will appear. If the page is not complete then just hit the reload button and in seconds the page fully loads.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:22 PM
he fixes stuff

I moved this thread to the Website & Forum Support section.

The server move was made a week ago and was accomplished with very few glitches. We haven't heard about any member problems until today though. None of you mentioned when the problems began. I'd also be interested in knowing about your Internet connections. The testing we have done on page load speeds have been disappointing, but they have been in seconds, not minutes. Of course, it depends on your own computers and its Internet connection/Internet Service Provider.

Have you noticed the problem on specific pages, or all pages? Have you noticed that the main content loads, but images take longer to load? You should still be able to scroll and read content while images load.

We are continuing to work on this and I'm sorry if you are having a poor experience. Please share any details you can that will help us sort this out.

Thanks,

Jim, LRH webmaster
Old 03-08-2014, 08:56 PM
PUBLISHER

And please read this thread. Following the advice in it has helped many people.

Keep your computer clean and fast and enjoy LRH

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 03-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Fixer View Post
I moved this thread to the Website & Forum Support section.

The server move was made a week ago and was accomplished with very few glitches. We haven't heard about any member problems until today though. None of you mentioned when the problems began. I'd also be interested in knowing about your Internet connections. The testing we have done on page load speeds have been disappointing, but they have been in seconds, not minutes. Of course, it depends on your own computers and its Internet connection/Internet Service Provider.

Have you noticed the problem on specific pages, or all pages? Have you noticed that the main content loads, but images take longer to load? You should still be able to scroll and read content while images load.

We are continuing to work on this and I'm sorry if you are having a poor experience. Please share any details you can that will help us sort this out.

Jim, LRH webmaster

Thanks for the follow up.
Usually the "home page picture" will load but the content may take awhile.
I noticed it about a week ago and I started using Firefox instead of IE because with IE I would get a Virus warning and could never find the virus when doing a clean.
So I will try to pay more attention to what where and when and get back to you.
Greg

Thanks,