Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Administration > Website & Forum Support

Website & Forum Support Questions On How The Forum and Website Works

Len!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Silver Member

Len!!!

Tried to reply to your PM and got this:
  1. Len Backus has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
Huh?

Your contact info in your profile no longer allows PM's either! It just shows the email info!

Bill

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/
Old 01-14-2008, 06:43 PM
PUBLISHER

Bill

The main reason PM's exist at all on websites is to protect the privacy of the users. PM's are much less convenient that email because of the need to do so much extra clicking.

Since my email address is known, I just realized I may as well dump the inconvenience of PM and go all email.

There may be this type of bump for those who were in the midst of a PM string...

So email me please.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 01-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
Bill

The main reason PM's exist at all on websites is to protect the privacy of the users. PM's are much less convenient that email because of the need to do so much extra clicking.

Since my email address is known, I just realized I may as well dump the inconvenience of PM and go all email.

There may be this type of bump for those who were in the midst of a PM string...

So email me please.
Will do. The PM also is helpful if your ISP email goes down, which happens fairly regularly with some users. In addition, PM's can't be used to download viruses or other problems, so many prefer them to email.

Finally, many peoples email may not work at work, or their work email may not be accessible from home, due to security issues with large corps email systems.

Bill

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/