Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Administration > Website & Forum Support

Website & Forum Support Questions On How The Forum and Website Works

HUGE JD ad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 12:41 AM
Platinum Member

Re: HUGE JD ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
I just like to know when some one make these kinda claims, if you were close I drag a tractor out and shown you how to get efficiency from the Deere, last week I blew the doors of all the local competition and fuel efficiency was what locked the sale down and we were 17000 dollars cheaper. What model did you demo?
Spoken like a true salesman.

You aren't (close) and I'm not interested.
I own utility FWA tractors for forage operations. I'm a custom grower/harvester.

I don't buy any power on price alone. It's a consideration but not a deal breaker.

I know you'll tell me that JD has the best haying equipment too.

I'll tell you the NH was building hay tools before JD knew what hay tools were.

It's the Ford versus Chevy syndrome.

No, I don't have NH tractors, nor do I have Case. Lets just say, a European brand and the dreaded orange brand your company likes to compare to. Flattery is the best competition......

I have a close friend who works for JD in Mannheim, Germany in engineering. I know whats under the hood.

If I wanted the European look and feel, I'd own a Fendt. Not a JD.

If JD was the best there is, there would be no others sold. Thats not the case.

Like I said before, fill in the blanks.

I do find it interesting that for replacement parts, JD is exponentially higher than the other OEM's. I guess it's the color.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Platinum Member

The ad is still here and growing in strength I believe... We may need an exorcist.

Flip, I take offense to you degrading BnG and putting him down for what he truly knows. For the record I have met with him to shoot and even hunt on several occasions. He is NO salesman. What he is however is a JD tech that works his tail off to support his family. To the tune of 50 to 70 hrs a week in the peak of the seasons like now. No tie, no line of BS at all just calloused hands that spend many hours in honest grease. He too is a great father and as honest of a guy as you can find. You wont have to ask long anywhere in SW Montana to hear about Rhian being one of if not THE BEST at what he does. He has a following among Montana Ranchers and Farmers that spreads wide. Simply put he knows his chit. You as well may be very good at what you do, but if we are going to talk JD here, I will take the word of the guy that knows then from the inside out, every nut and bolt, and has a following and referrals to prove it.

Reguards.
Jeff
Old 05-19-2013, 10:09 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
The ad is still here and growing in strength I believe... We may need an exorcist.

Flip, I take offense to you degrading BnG and putting him down for what he truly knows. For the record I have met with him to shoot and even hunt on several occasions. He is NO salesman. What he is however is a JD tech that works his tail off to support his family. To the tune of 50 to 70 hrs a week in the peak of the seasons like now. No tie, no line of BS at all just calloused hands that spend many hours in honest grease. He too is a great father and as honest of a guy as you can find. You wont have to ask long anywhere in SW Montana to hear about Rhian being one of if not THE BEST at what he does. He has a following among Montana Ranchers and Farmers that spreads wide. Simply put he knows his chit. You as well may be very good at what you do, but if we are going to talk JD here, I will take the word of the guy that knows then from the inside out, every nut and bolt, and has a following and referrals to prove it.

Reguards.
Jeff
+! on the JD add, it took over my whole screen this am from out of nowhere!

+1 On BnG also. I know of him from an old Mt retired game warden, who's brother is a friend of mine and retired from BLM. He contributes much to LRH. I have hunted and fished in the far SW corner of Mt near Dillon & the Idaho Border there and seen lots of JD equip in the area in the past. Great area and Great folks. Upper Red Rock, Sheep Creek, Morrison Lake, Hildreth Creek & family, Been to huge pig roasts on the flanks of a mtn at a ranch out of Monida, The real cowboys come from miles around from the remote ranches. Incredible Area and real people.

Andy
Old 05-19-2013, 02:06 PM
PUBLISHER

Gosh, I have yet to see it even once!
Old 05-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
Gosh, I have yet to see it even once!

Len, you must have automatic Immunity to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was really bad this am, just signed back on, havent seen it this afternoon.

Andy
Old 05-21-2013, 10:39 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post

Reguards.
Jeff
+1 on BnG! he does know his crap! the first time I realized this was when I found out my fiances family pays to have him go two hours one way to there ranch to maintain and work on there equipment, and with these times in Montana trust me there inst extra cash laying around to pay a "sales man" to drive two hours to blow smoke! not picking on you flip, but play nice!
Old 05-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Platinum Member

Holy cow, I was attacked by the JD ad today!!! I've never had a problem with it but my Firefox was acting up so I opened up LRH in Google chrome and bam the ads are blowing up full page and taking over!!!!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"