Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Administration > Website & Forum Support

Website & Forum Support Questions On How The Forum and Website Works

Favorite Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Gold Member

Favorite Topic!

Ian

what happened to Favorite Topic? I have knot found it here yet .

Redbone

Kill more Coyotes

Feed The Buzzards
Old 07-14-2007, 07:58 AM
PUBLISHER

Right above this topic, which is now called a thread, click on Thread Tools and choose Subscribe to this thread.
-----------------------------------------
The following is from the FAQ:
What is email notification? If you post a new thread, or reply to an existing thread, you can choose to be notified by email when someone else replies to that thread. You can also choose to receive email notifications of new posts in a thread without posting in that thread, by clicking the 'Subscribe to this thread' link displayed in the thread page.
If you choose to stop receiving email notifications from a thread, you can turn off the option by either editing your post, or by unsubscribing from the thread here.
Only registered users may receive email notification, and they can set whether they want to receive email notification by default by editing their options.
Email notification is also referred to as 'Thread Subscription'.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 07-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Silver Member

Len,

How do you get it to got the the posts in a thread that you haven't seen yet? With the old software, you could just click on a thread that had a new post in it and if would take you to the first new post in that thread without scrolling through the whole thread.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:31 PM
he fixes stuff

On the forum list page, you will see a small down-pointing arrow next to the title of each thread (topic). When you click that arrow, you should be taken to the first message in the thread that you have NOT read yet.

All members should read the FAQ to help familiarize themselves with the new forums software. If it is not covered there, or isn't clear, please post a question in this forum. Someone with experience will help you out.

If you have a problem with your account - user name, post count or other info - please contact Len. He will do his best to help sort out any problems.

R'gards,

Jim

Last edited by Teh Fixer; 07-14-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Gold Member

Lin

What I am looking for is " Favorite Topic ".

It was at the bottom of the page on all posts on the left side .

I used it to keep the good posts that I liked .

where i could go back later to read , when I needed some Info from that post .

Kill more Coyotes

Feed The Buzzards
Old 07-14-2007, 03:21 PM
he fixes stuff

Hi Blue,

I took a look at the old board and see what you are talking about. That feature is not duplicated in the stock version of this new forum software. There is something similar though. You can locate all the topics that you want to keep track of and be able to get to fairly easily by "subscribing" to that topic.

There are a couple of ways to subscribe to a topic. You can go to your UserCP and click on Edit Options. Find the Messaging & Notification section and change the Default Thread Subscription Mode to Instant email notification or one of the other available options for notification. That will automatically subscribe you to any future messages you post. You can change that setting for any message you are composing in the message editor window's options, below the message composition box.

Another way to subscribe to a topic is to find the topic, click on the title to open it and then click the Thread Tools Link near the top of the message list and select Subscribe to this Thread. You will be notified of any new messages each time someone replies. This is how you would subscribe to any existing topics that you want to keep track of. You can unsubscribe from any topic in the same way. If you have subscribed to a topic you no longer want to follow, just click on the Thread Tools link and unsubscribe.

Any subscription to topics you have will be listed in your UserCP. If there are new messages in that topic, you will see them listed with a down-pointing arrow next to the title. Click the arrow to be taken to the first new message you have NOT read yet.

Topics that you have subscribed to that have no new messages will still be available in your UserCP, but it requires you to click the link, "View all Subscribed Threads".

There may be add-ons at a later time that will bring certain features the old board had that this one doesn't. You are welcome to start a new topic in the support forum for "Requested Features" and I am sure that Len will give them every consideration. Unless of course it's something like "click here to receive a box of quarters". I don't think he'll go for anything like that. :eek:

Jim

Last edited by Teh Fixer; 07-14-2007 at 03:25 PM.