Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Administration > Website & Forum Support

Website & Forum Support Questions On How The Forum and Website Works

email notifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Silver Member

email notifications

Hello,
I hope this is the right place to ask this:

How do I disable the email notifications that someone has responded to a post?

Thanks

Greg
Old 04-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Silver Member

Re: email notifications

Click "Quick Links" in the top right of the screen.
Click "Subscribed Threads".
Find the particular thread you want, click the white box to the right of that thread.
Click the drop down arrow next to "Selected Threads" at the bottom of the screen.
Click on "No Email Notification", then click the "GO" button

You can also select "No Email Notification" from the "Notification Type" box which shows up at the bottom of the screen BEFORE you click "Submit Reply" when you are replying to a thread. (You may need to scroll down a bit to see it)

Clear as mud?

-The flexibility of your adaptability is the true measure of your intelligence-
Old 04-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Silver Member

yep clear as mud
thanks,

I see that at the bottom,
I'll try to remember to use it

No magic one step click here button to stop all email notifications though?

MB
Old 04-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbofus View Post
...No magic one step click here button to stop all email notifications though?...
Ain't found that one yet...

Old 04-02-2014, 11:59 AM
he fixes stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbofus View Post
yep clear as mud
thanks,

I see that at the bottom,
I'll try to remember to use it

No magic one step click here button to stop all email notifications though?

MB
Yes, although it's not exactly one-click. You can change how often LRH sends you email notifications system-wide in your User Control Panel. Go to the menu item in the header of any forum page Quick Links > Edit Options (that's a direct link). Look for the box labeled Default Thread Subscription Mode. Your choices are Do not subscribe, No email notification, Instant email notification, Daily email notification and Weekly email notification. When you have finished with that and any other LRH options, be sure to click the Save Changes button at the bottom.

If your options for thread notification have changed, then you must also change the notification type for all the threads you have previously subscribed to. While you are still in your User CP, click the left menu item List Subscriptions. You can select the small box on the right side of any of the threads in the list, or select them all by selecting the box at the top-right, above the list to check or uncheck all. Then at the bottom-right of the list, click the drop-down menu and select the option that will apply to all of the threads you have checked.

You can also unsubscribe to each thread individually, without ever going to the User CP. When you receive the notification, click the link in the email that takes you to the thread. At the top of the thread, click the Thread Tools drop-down and select Unsubscribe from this thread.

Please Note: If you have experienced an irritating notice at the top of every page that indicates there is something wrong with your email address, you must follow the instructions in that notice. Changing your thread notification will not make that notice go away. All members are required to have a working email address. Long Range Hunting will abide by your choices for email contacts, but there are those occasional times where the system must send an automated message to you regarding your account here. It may be because you have indicated your birthday, selected the option to be notified when someone sends you a Private Message or when you have forgotten your password and click the link to reset it.

If I get an email from your ISP or from our server that indicates your email has a problem, you will begin to see that notice. When you contact me via PM that it has been fixed, I will turn that notice off. I apologize for the problems you may have with email or the notification, but as LRH grows, it becomes more important to manage email and our relationship with your email providers. We have a good reputation and we want to keep it that way. We need your help to do that.

Thank you,

Jim aka Teh Fixer, Len's assistant
PS: True one-click: reply to the notification email and tell me to unsubscribe from all and delete all previously subscribed threads. I'll take care of it for you.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Fixer View Post
Yes, although it's not exactly one-click. You can change how often LRH sends you email notifications system-wide in your User Control Panel. Go to the menu item in the header of any forum page Quick Links > Edit Options (that's a direct link). Look for the box labeled Default Thread Subscription Mode. Your choices are Do not subscribe, No email notification, Instant email notification, Daily email notification and Weekly email notification. When you have finished with that and any other LRH options, be sure to click the Save Changes button at the bottom...
Learn a new one every day! Thanks