Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Administration > Website & Forum Support

Website & Forum Support Questions On How The Forum and Website Works

Can't delete msgs in my acct.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Can't delete msgs in my acct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Fixer View Post
Maybe I don't understand. WE (Len and staff) are concerned about the security of this website and the server.

OOPS, SORRY, I MEANT I WASN'T CONCERNED ABOUT LRH MODS/TEC SUPPORT/OWNERS ETC BEING A THREAT TO MY LRH ACCT SECURITY. (THINKING YOU MAY NEED MY PASSWORD OR SOMETHING TO DELETE MSGS).

So, what is it you are trying to delete and can't? I was referring to posts in threads here. Do you mean something different?

Jim, Teh Fixer
I should've been more clear. I'm referring to my "leave a msg for winmag" acct. I've got Tons of old messages stuck on my message board that just won't delete. I have "deleted" them, but I've got 3+ pages of deleted msgs that just stay there. Says this msg has been deleted by winmag, but won't entirely delete.
Call it an OCD issue or something, but its kinda like a cluttered loading bench. Drives me nutts!

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 02-13-2013, 03:11 PM
he fixes stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
I should've been more clear. I'm referring to my "leave a msg for winmag" acct.
That's called "Visitor Messages." I edited your permissions for that feature and you (all registered members) should be allowed to delete your own visitor messages now. Sorry for all the trouble.

Jim, Teh Fixer

Last edited by Teh Fixer; 02-15-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Fixer View Post
That's called "Visitor Messages." I edited your permissions for that feature and you (all registered members) should be allowed to delete your own visitor messages now. Sorry for all the trouble.

Jim, Teh Fixer
Sweet! Thank you.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 02-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member

Nope. Still no way to delete anything. Still tons of deleted msgs there.
Tried to delete the msg I left on my visitors board for you & mods etc. still stuck on soft delete. Still required to leave a reason for deleting. Still stuck on soft delete with no option to permanent delete. Still no way to mark old "deleted msgs" to permanently delete them.

Visit my profile thingy like you were gonna leave me a visitor msg & see for yourself.
I'm stumped

Old 02-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Nope. Still no way to delete anything. Still tons of deleted msgs there.
Tried to delete the msg I left on my visitors board for you & mods etc. still stuck on soft delete. Still required to leave a reason for deleting. Still stuck on soft delete with no option to permanent delete. Still no way to mark old "deleted msgs" to permanently delete them.

Visit my profile thingy like you were gonna leave me a visitor msg & see for yourself.
I'm stumped
When I visit your profile it doesn't show any visitor messages. I think you can see that you have deleted messages because it is your profile, but other users can't see them.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:44 PM
he fixes stuff

My apologies. For as many years as I've been working with this forum software, you'd think I'd know that only Moderators and Admins can delete Visitor Messages permanently. It has been a complaint of the software forever and the developers never added that feature to this version of the software (not sure about the newest version, but we have no plans to use that version).

I don't use Visitor Messaging because there are 2 other forms of communication that are far better - forum threads and Private Messages. You can turn Visitor Messages off in your Options, if you want.

I permanently deleted all your deleted visitor messages.

I'll do the same for anyone else, upon request, but only as time and patience allow. Make your requests only by replying to this thread. Do NOT send me a PM, Visitor Message or email to request it and you MUST have already soft-deleted any messages you want permanently deleted. I won't be held responsible to picking and choosing and permanently deleted messages are just that - permanently deleted. They cannot be restored.

Teh Fixer
Old 02-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Platinum Member

Woohoo! It's clear, & clean!!! Thank you!

Like I said, maybe it's an OCD thing, but I like my Cheerios stacked just so... Thanks again Teh Fixer. Your the man!