Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Ian's Corner - Discussion

Trigger Time In Texas - Coyotes & Hogs By Ian McMurchy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 08:03 AM
PUBLISHER

Trigger Time In Texas - Coyotes & Hogs By Ian McMurchy

This is a thread for discussion of the article, Trigger Time In Texas, by Ian McMurchy. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Quote:
Ian passed away just before Christmas, 2008. Read the tributes to this giant of a man HERE

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors

Last edited by ADMIN; 01-21-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Silver Member

Location: I live in the outdoors, but ihave to stay in the Houston area so I can afford to live outdoors!
I am interested in calling in some coyotes...can you give me the details on the calls you guys were using?
Old 01-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Platinum Member

Captn,
I am not sure of the model number but do recall they were a basic electronic digital call sold under the Burnham Bros brand. They worked very well, we killed a lot of coyotes in a couple of hunting days. Closest I had was a dog at about a dozen feet, he was racing in to the call but he made eye contact and hit the cactus before I could move the rifle. This was a lot of fun, the electric callers worked very well. They also distracted the coyotes by hanging a big feather on a length of thread attached to a piece of stick or old arrow shaft. Wind would move it continuously which was good.
Good luck with your coyote hunting!
ian