Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot

Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot Share locations of shooting ranges

Southwest Idaho / Boise Area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 11:41 PM

Re: Southwest Idaho / Boise Area

I was told that there was an area off of Black's Creek where you set up your own targets and shoot into a hillside, no? Kind of a free-for-all if that makes sense. I think it was North on Black's Creek. I'll check out the Black's Creek Range too.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Silver Member

It is located between the Hwy exit and the public range I sent directions to (as I recall). I have not been out there in awhile, but I heard recently that they posted that whole area and it's no longer available for shooting.

I have not been out there to witness this myself, but it sounds like KRP may be more in the know than me.

I live on the west side of town so I'm scouting for places out my direction to go shoot.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
It is located between the Hwy exit and the public range I sent directions to (as I recall). I have not been out there in awhile, but I heard recently that they posted that whole area and it's no longer available for shooting.

I have not been out there to witness this myself, but it sounds like KRP may be more in the know than me.

I live on the west side of town so I'm scouting for places out my direction to go shoot.
You're correct, it's right next to the reservoir.