Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot

Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot Share locations of shooting ranges

private SW MS 900 yds range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Gold Member
I know a great palce to shoot in Tallahatchie far you wanna stretch it out...I figure you can get 1800yds easily off the bench....wide open and flat! Just north of Tippo.

Unread 10-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Silver Member
Nyles, I didn't think anybody else knew where Tippo was, except for those that live there. It's so small you know. I pass through Tippo on the way to my hunting camp. I'm originally from Charleston, BTW, and know several people from the Tippo area.

dkweeks, I hunt farther south and to the west of Tallaha road. It's west of hwy 35 and a little north of hwy 8. It's in the Delta, but we can see the hills from there. If you're hunting off of Tallaha road, you're definitely in the hills. I spent a lot of time tearing up that road when I was younger. There was a certain young lady who lived up that way that I was pretty fond of .
Unread 10-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Gold Member
Criss(owners)....1500 acres between Charleston and Tippo on the left bout 5 miles down from the co-op whatever hwy that is.
Unread 10-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Bronze Member
900 yd Range in SW MS

Where is your range?Is it @ Mesa or farther up.Palo Alto R&P club in Donaldsonville,LA has F class matches on 1st Sat.a chap in Ruth has a range also,dont know how long.believe hes an atty in McComb,shoots F class w us @Palo Alto.Thanks.BEST,kim
Unread 10-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member
Kim...thats me. I just saw your post. I have been looking at the forums in "new post mode" and guess I missed it because I went deer hunting in VA for a week. I dont think I am going to make it to Palo Alto this coming Saturday becasue we are shooting BR at Adrians on Sunday. Look forward to shooting with you again.
I admit that I know just enough to be dangerous.....but dangerous at ever extending distances.
Unread 12-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Man I'm Jealous

Hello, this is a new member going googoo over that range. I just want to be prepared to shoot to four hundred yards or more. I want to be ready when the duty is called for to shoot at whitetails at longer ranges ethically.
Why don't you have a shoot and get a few members to come over and share Shooting Ideas.
Wow, my personal range is forty minutes away. The mosquitos feel like helicopters buzzing you while shooting. I usually get about one fifty for ranges. Yours would be great practice.
Happy shooting..

Unread 12-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Bronze Member
Where in MS?

Just wondering what town you are near. I live in Raleigh, MS. The lane looks good. The tall trees along the lane should help in keeping the wind down.