Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot

Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot Share locations of shooting ranges

private SW MS 900 yds range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 11:46 PM
Bronze Member

How much acerage does it take to be able to shoot 1000 yds comfortably? I live in SE La. Looking for land to buy in MS to escape from hurricanes. And also to just shoot long range.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:53 AM
Platinum Member

It would only take about 8 acres if it were narrow enough. (Thats what the guy at the co op figured my shooting lane is) Hmmm.....I know of a great piece of hunting property for sale in Claiborn County MS 490 acres 2.5k per acre. Wish I could afford it right now. It isnt listed, but I know the owners. You could probably talk me out of thier info if you would promise me a hunt.

How far are you from Pascagoula? They have a 1k range and have F-Class matches. I am trying to find some info about it. I am only gettting to shoot f-class the first saturday of the month and want to find more matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawsix View Post
How much acerage does it take to be able to shoot 1000 yds comfortably? I live in SE La. Looking for land to buy in MS to escape from hurricanes. And also to just shoot long range.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Bronze Member

Hey, New guy here. I'm from Brandon MS and happen to be in Biloxi tonight. I travel the southern half of the state in sales and the north shore of LA. I have been looking for some places to shoot longer range. What do you know about the Pascagoula Range? I'm actually going to be there tomorrow, I'll stop in the local gun shop and ask around for some info. If anyone ever wants to hook up and shoot, I'm always game.

Deltahunter, Your the same one from Predatormasters aren't you? Good to see you here.

Eddybo, Where in SW MS are you located???

David aka Totch94
Old 08-01-2007, 08:46 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totch94 View Post
Deltahunter, Your the same one from Predatormasters aren't you? Good to see you here.
No, actually I'm a different guy. I've never been to Predatormasters.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Hunter View Post
No, actually I'm a different guy. I've never been to Predatormasters.

Well, Then nice to meet you! Where you located in MS?
Old 08-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Platinum Member

Totch94,
I am in McComb. I can save you a little shoe leather. Here is the link to the range. There is an address and map.

http://www.pascagouladcm.com/news.php

Always ready to shoot here. Just let me know when. A few of us from the MDWFP forum are going to get together here and shoot, as long as everyone is safe they are welcome.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:17 PM

When I lived in Kokomo MS. where we had a 1,300 yard range that use to be an old abandoned air strip where they use to land crop dusting planes many years earlier. It was only 18 feet wide but just as clean as a golf course and as flat as a pancake. You just can't imagine how bad I miss that place...

Now after moving back to my home state of Oklahoma, there are a lot more places here where one can stretch it out a bit. We have a 400 yard range on our property but have to travel less than 15 minutes to have a place to shoot over 1,000 yards....

D & T