Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot

Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot Share locations of shooting ranges

private SW MS 900 yds range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member

private SW MS 900 yds range

I still have a little clearing and dozer work(berms) to do, plus the new construction for the reloading room with cement tables, but there is a new 900 (hopefully 1k after I get through) place to shoot in Southwest Mississippi.
The timber cutters and dozer guys left Wednesday and I have been braking it in. If anyone needs a place to shoot intermediate ranges I am willing to share my blessings. Now if someone in the area can just find a place to shoot a little further, let me know.

Here is a pic from behind my 300WSM
Old 07-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Bronze Member

Nice, I figured I would've seen more pine trees.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:01 PM
Platinum Member

eddybo ,

I lived in ocean springs ,ms. for 21 yrs ..

Mighty nice of you to offer a place to shoot like that.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member

EDDYBO , I'm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddybo View Post
I still have a little clearing and dozer work(berms) to do, plus the new construction for the reloading room with cement tables, but there is a new 900 (hopefully 1k after I get through) place to shoot in Southwest Mississippi.
The timber cutters and dozer guys left Wednesday and I have been braking it in. If anyone needs a place to shoot intermediate ranges I am willing to share my blessings. Now if someone in the area can just find a place to shoot a little further, let me know.

Here is a pic from behind my 300WSM
Jealous :p Now , when are we going gemsbok hunting in New mexico ??

Jimmba
Old 07-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Platinum Member

Jimm,
You didnt get my email? I leave next week....decided you were not interested.......J/K But, I am headed that way for an antelope hunt on Pat Lyons ranch near Clovis very soon. I dont have my calendar but I think it is the 18th of September. Maybe I will have some good news when I leave. WIll a 6mm 115g DTAC kill one of those antelopes or should I pack something a little bigger?
Old 07-31-2007, 04:53 PM
Silver Member

Too bad (for me, that is) you're not in NW Miss.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:41 PM
Platinum Member

you may have been kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddybo View Post
Jimm,
You didnt get my email? I leave next week....decided you were not interested.......J/K But, I am headed that way for an antelope hunt on Pat Lyons ranch near Clovis very soon. I dont have my calendar but I think it is the 18th of September. Maybe I will have some good news when I leave. WIll a 6mm 115g DTAC kill one of those antelopes or should I pack something a little bigger?
But it wasn't all that funny :eek: Shoot the heck out of those goats with the 115 DTAC , they will not be able to resist I hope you get a brute of a goat .

So , does this mean we still dion't have a Gemsbok place ?

I leaver the first week in Sept for a caribou hunt in northern Quebec . Two bou and one bear .

You are Mississippi blood Bo ! get that oryx hunt cooking and lets go get em !

BTW , I'm jeaslous , the farthest I can shoot at my digs is a couple hundred . Glad for you though .

Jim Brown