Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot

Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot Share locations of shooting ranges

Pawnee Grasslands

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Silver Member

Pawnee Grasslands

I have been in Colorado since June working 7 days a week. Monday I was heading to the Pawnee Grassland east of Ft Collins for a shooting session. I have never been there. Looking for advice, Where? Rules? Thanks
Old 09-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Silver Member

If you go into Jax in fort collins, they have a brochure on the gun counter that tells about rules for shooting on the grasslands. Also get a map that outlines the actual grasslands areas (the topo atlas's you can get have the areas in them). There is alot of private property mixed into the area so know where you are.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:43 AM
SPONSOR

Don't Drive your target(s) out onto the shooting area. You may get fined.
Also, this is a weird palce to shoot. Not just because of the goofballs that show up there, but also because of the atmospherical (?) conditions that can cause you to shoot 15 feet high! If that happens to you, wait five minutes and it will return to normal.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Silver Member

You are right about the wierdo's Alot of Rambo wannbes out there, some good gus too though. I try to get out there once every other week. It is an hour drive for me in Loveland. No problem with the atmosphere yet!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:01 AM

lots of junk

Don't forget to clean up after you shoot there is alot of garbage out there, Washing machines, TV's. People go out there shoot up the junk and leave it behind.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:04 PM

Colorado Ranges

Colorado Rifle Club outside Byers, Co.

Any kind of range you can immagine out to 1000 yards.
It can get windy however.
It's a great place to shoot.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Silver Member

Re: Pawnee Grasslands

I may be out in Colorado this summer. How does the "Colorado Rifle Club" compare to the "Pawnee Grasslands"? What kind of range is the Pawnee Grasslands that they allow people to take old junk out to the range and shoot it & leave it? Is the Pawnee Grassland range a decent place other than that? I read that they do cowboy competitions out there.