Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot

Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot Share locations of shooting ranges

Looking for a place to shoot near St.. Cloud MN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Silver Member

Looking for a place to shoot near St.. Cloud MN

Hey guys like the title says I need a place in central mn to shoot. Hoping for something 300yds and beyond.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Looking for a place to shoot near St.. Cloud MN

Just go left a little ways to North dakota. I lived there for a few years before I got into Long range but you can almost see across the whole state. Should be able to find a place to set up a box or a steel plate. Bemindji has a range too I believe. I know its a little ways away but its there.

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 09-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Silver Member

Good call. I do have a place in south Dakota where I am originally from but it's a 4 hour drive and has become very impractical since my 2 kids came along. This range in bemidji what is the membership like? I know of a 1000 yard range in Harris mn that is a couple hours away but the problems there is its full and there is a waiting list. You can only buy a lifetime membership and you can only do that if you are sponsored by a current member and they and another person nominate you to join. I get the purposes of this but come on really. I'm somewhat new to the area and don't really know anybody that's into long range up here so it's not easy to find a member to sponsor me. So any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the advice and I will look into that range. If you have any details that would be great too!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its only light View Post
Good call. I do have a place in south Dakota where I am originally from but it's a 4 hour drive and has become very impractical since my 2 kids came along. This range in bemidji what is the membership like? I know of a 1000 yard range in Harris mn that is a couple hours away but the problems there is its full and there is a waiting list. You can only buy a lifetime membership and you can only do that if you are sponsored by a current member and they and another person nominate you to join. I get the purposes of this but come on really. I'm somewhat new to the area and don't really know anybody that's into long range up here so it's not easy to find a member to sponsor me. So any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the advice and I will look into that range. If you have any details that would be great too!
i moved in 07 and never shot there sorry i dont have any info for you

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 10-30-2012, 07:01 PM

Don't know what type of shooting discipline you 're after but the Harris, Elk River and Grand Forks ranges all have f-class leagues which are open to non-members during the summer shooting season. Good bunch of guys at all and tons of fun. Harris is usually 1000yds Thursday eves. Elk, 600 on Monday eves. and GFK is 600 on Sunday afternoons. Several of us make the drives from all over MN to attend. Hope this helps. Eric in DL
Old 03-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Silver Member

I'm in Little Falls. We have 2 ranges, Little Falls Pistol & Rifle Club , a good 100 yd Max range . It is good for dead nuts zeroing @ 100 yds. The Eastern Morrison County Sportsmans Club , not ideal, but can go to 400 yds. Both are located East on Hwy 27 about 3 to 7 miles. Both great. You do have to be an NRA member to join. Membership is manditory.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:15 AM
Silver Member

Hmmm interesting, is there a waiting list for membership or can I just sign up and start shooting. I was denied membership at a couple local ranges because they say they are full.