Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot

Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot Share locations of shooting ranges

Kansas City

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 10:23 PM

Re: Kansas City

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was searching through all these older threads for something that fit what I was looking for. I didn't want to start a new thread on something that had already been started.

As for GA Precision, some of us in the KC area have been trying to get the invite to George's range, but haven't been able to get anywhere on that front. I know there is Bucksnort in Marshal about 1 hr something east of KC that goes out to 600.

Anything private that goes out to 1000 or beyond within a reasonable distance of KC? Even out to 600-700 would be nice. My shooting buddy and I want to do more long range practice, but don't want to drive 4hrs to Houston, MO to do so. Bucksnort is cheap, I need to check it out, but i'm concerned about how often, or not they are open.

Branden
Old 11-05-2009, 07:29 PM

Please tell me about the range in/near Houston, Mo. Location, yardage and such. Thanks.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:50 AM

Big Piney Sportsmans Club has a range from 100 yards, out to 800 yards.

Big Piney Sportsmans Club

It's a pretty nice facility, i've been down there twice now. I will likely go to some more of the events next year, but time will tell whether that'll happen or not.

Since I made this post I have found some private land with several range opportunities from 100 yard, 600 yard, and move to another location on the property and according to google maps I can get upwards of 1300 yards. All with solid backstops and a lot of unoccupied land in case of a ricochet.

Branden
Old 11-06-2009, 03:48 AM

Thanks. I go to Houtson, Mo from time to time and the range sounds perfect. I actually forgot about this place. I didn't know they had such a long-range facility.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:22 PM

Hi guys,

This will be my first post, but I figure I have to start somewhere. I live in KC, Grew up in DeSoto KS. I've been hunting my whole life, and recently found out that there is a 300 yard range in DeSoto. Just do a google search for "Millcreek Shooting Range" and it should come up. It's a pretty well kept secret if the locals don't even know about it. I think they have some NRA regional matches there, as well as alot of pistol shooting. It's only about 30 min from downtown KC

Hope this helps.

Bryan
Old 12-22-2009, 11:21 PM

I know about MillCreek, however I know there is a heck of a waiting list to get a membership there. It's not a public range. Another thing is the only website I can find for them is the PSL website, with no links to the main website if there is one.

I'm not too worried about that place now, I have access to private land that has some long ranges available. I was out this past weekend and shot some laser readings to get a max shooting position of 1200 yards. I think i'm good to go.

Branden