Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot

Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot Share locations of shooting ranges

Eastern Washington

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Gold Member

Some places look like there are little blaze-orange people everywhere, particularly on opening weekend of the general deer & elk seasons. Get a copy of the game regs and go over it well, lots of little special seasons here and there. Lots of public land in some parts of Washington, some with very good hunting. Other places of course it's great to have access to private land. Some of that private land is avail to the public for hunting, but please make sure.

Yeah, even a big mulie isn't too bad to get out, but an elk? That's a whole lot of work if it drops somewhere far from the road.

Regards, Guy
Old 08-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Platinum Member

It's gonna take a little time to figure all this out. I would like to try for a mulie or whitetail, buck or doe. Doesn't really matter much to me. I will probably not try for an elk this year as I don't have a freezer right now.
I will talk more with the people I work with and maybe get my foot in the door. I'm remotely located from my "shop" (Tualatin,OR) and have only met three people so far. JohnnyK.