Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot

Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot Share locations of shooting ranges

Eastern Washington

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member

What I have seen of it is beautiful. Really looking forward to getting this move behind us and start LIVING. I think the wide open spaces are what attracts me the most. We have checked out the area (schools, churches, shopping) as best as we can over the "www." and like what we see. I haven't had a lot of time to check out the hunting laws yet, but that's coming. JohnnyK.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Silver Member

Welcome!

you are in pretty darn good country for shootin and huntin. I'm from spokane myself (about 2 hours norhteast) but you will be pretty close to the blue mountains which have great elk hunting (if you draw a branched antler tag) and there are mule deer all over your neck of the dessert. dont forget about the coyotes. lots and lots of those.

I am the way I am because I watched the movies "Red Dawn" and "Tremors" at a impressionable age.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:57 AM
Platinum Member

I'm just about there fella's. Left Monday and am now in Billings, Mt. for the night. Plan to get on to "home" hopefully by Saturday AM. Wish me luck and talk to ya'll soon. JohnnyK.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Silver Member

Billings to TriCities is doable, but a long day!

Wow, your almost here!!! Good luck in the new digs, keep us up to date!

Bill

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/
Old 08-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Silver Member

I have visited several long range shooters from the tri cities and they took me to see some giant elk just on the other side of the mountain the shooting range is located. I took my spotting scope with me but the darn things were only 100 yds off, saw several herds of big bulls 8 points and better. We shot 4 coyotes along the walla walla river in one morning without moving from our hide. I'm going back to bird hunt this fall. It's great country for long range hunting. you will enjoy it there.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Platinum Member

Well, I made it!! Sorry for the delay, got here on the 4th, started work on the 6th and haven't slowed down yet. Still trying to get internet service hooked up. Having to go through my company (they're paying) and the wheels are turning slowly. Otherwise I'd had it hooked up days ago.
E. Washington is a totally different world, but I like it. Lot'sa potential for hunting/shooting. Trying to get everything squared away so I can start reloading again and do some shooting. Still have to get by the range, if I can find it. And hunting season's a coming! I absolutely love the wide OPEN!!
Thanks for all the help and info you guys gave me through this move. I really appreciate it. Hope I can be some help to ya'll. JohnnyK.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Silver Member

Welcome to the wide open part of Washington!! Cross the mountains towards the west and it will look a lot like North Carolina!

I was starting to wonder about you making it!

Good luck on getting things set up and getting out to the range!

Bill

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/