Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot

Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot Share locations of shooting ranges

Any Long Ranges In UTAH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Bronze Member

Any Long Ranges In UTAH

I come to Utah once a year for the Bonneville Salt Flats Speed Week.
Are there any long ranges in Utah or open country to shoot 1000yd or beyond?
Old 01-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Any Long Ranges In UTAH

I have never shot at a 1000 yard range. We have one out to about 800 and we are going to expand, but I would be I live a couple hours south of Salt lake. I have seen advietisements for this range up in that area. I am thinking of going to shoot it. here is there link. Spirit Ridge Rifle Golf :: White's Valley, UT :: Call Today 1-435-764-6980
Old 02-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Silver Member

at the payson dump there is a measured one mile shot!!!

this pic is taken from were the old shotup car is. at the top of the mountain(to the north) to the center left there is a small stand of junipers to the bottom right you will see a white spot. that is a 4' "x" from here it is 1400 yrds on the dot. if you drive down to the dike "the road that goes through the small canyon to the west" take that road drive a couple hundred yard till you are in the junipers to your right you will see a pullout with another white "x" ( if there is no snow) this is one mile on the spot. figure for .97 miles with the angle you'll be shooting at (measured with a total station)
also if you look 2 canyons to the left you will see a single juniper. just down and to the left there will be an 18" rock (cant see it in the pic) if you scope it you can tell its been shot up (about a 6" pattern in the middle of it) this rock is 1220

Last edited by load; 02-06-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Platinum Member

I used to go out to Skull Valley near Dugway. There is a rock formation (Lone Rock)about a mile after you get off the interstate off on the west side of the road. Shot there many days. You may see some deranged sheep or cows that have been gassed by the chemical agents at released every so often from Dugway so if you ricochet a bullet into one don't eat it.

There are places also beyond Promontory out near Locomotive Springs