Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot

Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot Share locations of shooting ranges

2000 yards in va

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Silver Member

Re: 2000 yards in va

the property that we are looking at dosn't have a house with in a 2 mile radius.its tucked back in the middle of no where.i have been doing all of the research that one man can possibly do as far as saftey,noise and water contamination and all other dangers and concerns over a range of this type.but,i feel that there is a real need for a range of this type.with todays rifles becoming more accurate at extreme distances and long range shooters pushing the envelope on the rifles capabilities i think that its better to have a range where its more of a controled enviroment to shoot than trying to shoot extreme distances on the farm they hunt or the field behind there buddies place where they cant see the housejust beyond the trees or the next ridge over.and granted things can happen under any circumstance but it would make more sense to me and hopefully the community to have a safer place to shoot.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Platinum Member

Agree, recommend you quietly work with the county to see if they look like they will give the permits for a range to operate 7 days a week in that location.

If they will, you are on the right track.

Depending on location, it could have a good base of shooters.

BH
Old 02-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogger01 View Post
the property that we are looking at dosn't have a house with in a 2 mile radius.its tucked back in the middle of no where.i have been doing all of the research that one man can possibly do as far as saftey,noise and water contamination and all other dangers and concerns over a range of this type.but,i feel that there is a real need for a range of this type.with todays rifles becoming more accurate at extreme distances and long range shooters pushing the envelope on the rifles capabilities i think that its better to have a range where its more of a controled enviroment to shoot than trying to shoot extreme distances on the farm they hunt or the field behind there buddies place where they cant see the housejust beyond the trees or the next ridge over.and granted things can happen under any circumstance but it would make more sense to me and hopefully the community to have a safer place to shoot.
That all sounds pretty good. I am a fair ways from your area, but close enough that I would consider joining if it pans out.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Bronze Member

Bountyhunter--I'm in Winchester. Are you referring to a range in Back Creek, WV? If so, can you share any more info about membership opportunity? Thx
Old 02-22-2011, 03:58 PM

I would love to have a place where I could learn how to throw some bullets out there. I live in the Tidewater area but hunt in the mountians (hills to some) in Lexington and Stanton. I am about to buy a .300 mag and would love to shoot the gun like it needs to be shot.. further than a few hundered yards. Depending on how far the range is from me I would do a membership there over the local gunshops around here if you also had a pistol spot.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:17 PM
Silver Member

Bogger - I'd be very interested in such a range if you're still looking into it. I live in Alexandria.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthemfly25 View Post
Bountyhunter--I'm in Winchester. Are you referring to a range in Back Creek, WV? If so, can you share any more info about membership opportunity? Thx

Google "Peacekeepers Range". It is just north of Winchester. They say they are going to be open in July. Hefty annual fees though.

BH