Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Are you on Facebook?
Yes 1,124 46.33%
No 475 19.58%
No, but I may join 43 1.77%
No way, are you kidding? 875 36.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2426. You may not vote on this poll

Are you on Facebook?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 08:44 AM

Re: Are you on Facebook?

I would qualify this in that I have a facebook "account" but do nothing with it. For that matter, I have the "security" so heavily layered, I have my doubts anyone could find me, or see what few posts I make.

John
Old 01-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Silver Member

Nothing is so hard to contemplate; difficult to obtain; problematic to comprehend; bring under control; be rid of; feared by many; despised by more; and rejected by most than something new.

That statement is a Machiavellian paraphrase.

Here's a couple of ticklers:

Most of us fortunate have two ears, two eyes, two nostrils, two exhausts for unused intake, two brain lobes, but only one mouth. Too many of us use the last far more frequently than the former. We forget that even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut.

Learning is living, it's the heart's beat; disable either of the former and the latter's deceased.

How many lives were, and are, lost to preserve our way of life, to retain our freedom of choice. We don't have to eat everything at the table--or even what's on our plate.

So I'm on Facebook, but I only enter that which I determine is propitious, safe, and harmless. Or so I may think at the time, but I own my mistakes just as I do successes. Mostly I'm a watcher, listener, and I'd like to think--learner. I still like to avail myself the experiences of others and how better to do that than stay connected?

Best of all I make the decision (s) when to visit, what to enter, and when to sign off. That's why I chose to live where I do.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Bronze Member

Ummm ahh ...yes y i don't know my older kids are on it and one lives in texas ..way to see grand baby.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Bronze Member

I've been on it for several years and at first it was a great way to stay updated on family that was scattered all over the country. Now it seems like most of the time that I check it I am just skimming the opinions of people whose opinions I don't value too much on issues I care very little about. I'm about to trim my "friends" from whatever it is to about 10 or 12.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Gold Member

Yep, I have started a small business making carbon fibre rifle stocks. The page is called SG Gunstocks. Not a lot there at the moment, only started it yesterday.

Stu.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:14 PM

Since I could care less if anyone finds me, or if I ever play any of those silly games. I do NOT have a Facebook account. This may sound odd because my career evolves around computers, databases and user support. I really just don't see a need to know that someone just woke up and had a cup of coffee or that their dog took a dump in the backyard. Facebook is one of the most useless pieces of technology that has ever been developed.

Ok guys, I am done b**ching now.

Jim
Old 05-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Gold Member

Never felt the need to help some idenity thief with their project!