Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Are you on Facebook?
Yes 1,091 46.62%
No 449 19.19%
No, but I may join 41 1.75%
No way, are you kidding? 846 36.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2340. You may not vote on this poll

Are you on Facebook?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Are you on Facebook?

The wife has a FB account. She is a "farmer", has 4 farms.

Last week, someone hacked their site and got lotsa e-mail addys. We got 55 e-mails in 10 minutes, adds for skin-care, massages, cars, carpetting, girls with special talents, etc.

. She was on FB again today, but we only got 4 unwanted e-mails. Maybe they'll get it fixed soon.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:52 PM

I am on it mainly to keep track of my kids on it.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:13 AM

Growing up I remember always hearing adults talking about how important it was to pass our hunting, fishing and trapping traditions on to the next generation.

With social media dominating the way 90% of young americans communicate, I don't really see a better way to get young outdoor enthusiasts interested in long range shooting / hunting than exposing then to it via a social media outlet.

This is definitely my favorite shooting site it may not the easiest site to find for an 18 year old kid who wants to learn how to kill elk that he always sees cross canyon @ 700 yards.

I rarely post here, but I've read thousands of threads and learned a ton from the experts who shared their shooting experience and knowledge.

Back to the FB Page it's a great way to create awareness for LRH and introduce young people to an online community that they may have never found on their own. The RMEF currently has 14,903 friends on it's FB page....
Old 12-29-2010, 06:36 AM
PUBLISHER

Quote:
Back to the FB Page it's a great way to create awareness for LRH and introduce young people to an online community that they may have never found on their own. The RMEF currently has 14,903 friends on it's FB page....

BINGO ! ! !

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 12-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydleier View Post
Growing up I remember always hearing adults talking about how important it was to pass our hunting, fishing and trapping traditions on to the next generation.

With social media dominating the way 90% of young americans communicate, I don't really see a better way to get young outdoor enthusiasts interested in long range shooting / hunting than exposing then to it via a social media outlet.

This is definitely my favorite shooting site it may not the easiest site to find for an 18 year old kid who wants to learn how to kill elk that he always sees cross canyon @ 700 yards.

I rarely post here, but I've read thousands of threads and learned a ton from the experts who shared their shooting experience and knowledge.

As much as I despise Facebook and similar sites this post hits the nail on the head!!! Unless we want to be a small hand full of grouchy old geezers sitting over in our special little corner of the internet with no political weight in the regulation of what we love to do then new blood needs to be added and taught. My generation would not be on LRH if guys like Buffalobob and royinidaho and many others didn't step up in their generation and got on the internet and brought us along!!!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"

Last edited by bigngreen; 12-29-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Platinum Member

I think I'm getting the drift of this thread, DUH!

I might be old but, I'm slow

When the cat gets out of the bag, so to speak, as is happening with LRH.com there are choices to be made.

These choices will be critical to the 'movement' or membership and most critically the theme of the site. Management decisions will be key.

There will be increased challenges as the spectrum of members widens. Careful, deliberative decisions will have to be made.

As Yogi Berra said, When you come to a fork in the road, take it!. (I love that!!)

LRH appears to be at a fork.

I have a personal saying when I'm at a critical point in growth/progress and its time for a decision. This decision will be really really right or, it will be really really wrong."

So far these decisions have been really really right.

Not making the decision is actually making the decision and usually looses one's direction/control/etc.

There is a tide in the affairs of men.
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted, we spend the rest of our days bumping our butts on the rocks of the shore. (my little tidbit)
On such a full sea are we now afloat,
And we must take the current when it serves,
Or lose our ventures. (Italics added)

Good decisions provide for subsequent good decisions. (its been that way since Adam)

Am I waxing filosofical or what. It's gonna be a good day.

Let'er rip. Whichever way it goes, "I'm in!" (much to the chagrin of a few)
Old 12-29-2010, 05:05 PM

"NO WAY "