Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Are you on Facebook?
Yes 1,124 46.35%
No 474 19.55%
No, but I may join 43 1.77%
No way, are you kidding? 875 36.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2425. You may not vote on this poll

Are you on Facebook?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Are you on Facebook?

Yes and have hooked up with some very old army buddies from Viet Nam as well as high school, works good for me. Made a mistake tho and went for the game Texas Holdum . Wosre than drugs, you have to force your self to quit.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:25 AM

Nope, Not the least bit interested. Couple web sites like this one is all I want and have time for.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:03 AM

Re: Alaskan Guide EXT scope crissis!!Help Please?

YEA My name Is Harley and I haven't been on for a while but im going to be soon. But what can you tell me about the wacky MOA changing on a cabela's Alaskan Guide 6-18X50EXT For example I zero in a 100 yards at 18X then I want to take a 75 yard shot at 9X, The guide says I need to change MOA clicks to 2MOA to stay on target because that's half of 18X and then it get much more technical! The lower you adjust your range the more MOA clicks I have to change to be zeroed in!!!!???? WTF can some body fill me in PLEASE!!!!!!!????? :( that's not wright is it??
Old 09-12-2013, 05:47 PM

I wouldn't say I'm on facebook.I created a facebook account on a free email service I found so I could enter contests.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:18 AM
Gold Member

Re: Alaskan Guide EXT scope crissis!!Help Please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleymulleyaddict View Post
YEA My name Is Harley and I haven't been on for a while but im going to be soon. But what can you tell me about the wacky MOA changing on a cabela's Alaskan Guide 6-18X50EXT For example I zero in a 100 yards at 18X then I want to take a 75 yard shot at 9X, The guide says I need to change MOA clicks to 2MOA to stay on target because that's half of 18X and then it get much more technical! The lower you adjust your range the more MOA clicks I have to change to be zeroed in!!!!???? WTF can some body fill me in PLEASE!!!!!!!????? :( that's not wright is it??
Ok, first of all, this post is in the wrong forum to get a dedicated answer... I would recommend posting this in the optics forum. But to somewhat answer your question... MOA is a static number, MOA does not change as it is a degree of angle measurement. Just think of it this way, the degree of the angle measurement at the base of a triangle is the same as the measurement at the actual opposite point from that side. But the amount of MOA adjustment required to compensate will increase with shorter distances (even though the actual compensation is less...). Also, your scope is a second focal plane, so your reticle size will change with power ring changes..., but this will/should not affect "dialed-in" changes if you're using the main crosshair and not BDC hash marks.

Good luck.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:03 AM

Face??book,I was on facebook for a very short time,last year didn't like it,kinda like internet you can kill a lot of time doing nothing,that means nothing getting done,I know people that live on facebk and can't find the time to get out and enjoy life,talk about mind your own !!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:10 AM

I don't have the patience for FB, but, I do miss out on some good giveaways. I guess that is the price for being a curmudgeon!