Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Do you use MOA or MIL
MIL 265 26.29%
MOA 743 73.71%
Voters: 1008. You may not vote on this poll

What system, MOA or Mil, do you use?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 11:25 AM

Re: What system, MOA or Mil, do you use?

Orkan @orkan Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. So with that being said I wonder why Leupold doesn't offer a reticle on minutes to match their dials? Why would the military want to have the dial not match the radical? Seems like they do that a lot.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Silver Member

Leupold does offer models in which the reticle matches the turrets.

However, you'd serve yourself well to not look at leupold as an example of how to do things right. They are very much behind the ball when it pertains to precision rifle scopes. They were very late to the party, which allowed just about every other major manufacturer get a jump on them in regard to rugged first focal plane optics.

Right now, leupold doesn't do anything that another company doesn't do better at an equal or lesser price point. Sad but true.

Another important tidbit for you: Once the reticle matches the turrets, then you also want to ensure you've got a reticle in the first focal plane, instead of the more traditional 2nd focal plane. This ensures your reticle subtends correctly at ALL magnifications, instead of just one magnification. That way, when you read the reticle, it will always be correct, no matter what power you are on.

If you happen to be in the market for a new optic that has the features I've outlined, I'd be happy to help get you into one. We have rifle scopes to suit nearly every budget.

Where you are now, is a dark place. The features that are packed into new rifle scopes give you a whole set of new capabilities and speed when engaging targets, whether they be steel, paper, or furry.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig1972 View Post
Orkan @orkan Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. So with that being said I wonder why Leupold doesn't offer a reticle on minutes to match their dials? Why would the military want to have the dial not match the radical? Seems like they do that a lot.
i really dont know why or why a milrad scope is much more than an moa scope, when other brands cost the same.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:24 AM
Silver Member

I have three schmidt/bender PMII scopes all have the P4F reticles. Two of them are 5-25x56 with mil-adjustments. The 4-16x42 has moa adjustments. I prefer the mil-mil myself.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Platinum Member

Currently using Mil-Dots, but once I get the money, that will change, as I plan on using the NF scopes with the MOAR reticles.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:56 PM
Gold Member

Just switched tonMOA. Had a mil scope before....just never got used to it...it's a good system, MOA just works better for me
Old 05-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Silver Member

I prefer the MOA, it works easier for me