Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Which type of Long Range Shooting do you practice most?
Recreational 603 41.59%
Hunting 636 43.86%
Tactical/SWAT 46 3.17%
Military 26 1.79%
Competition 139 9.59%
Voters: 1450. You may not vote on this poll

Which type of Long Range Shooting do you practice most?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 08:14 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Which type of Long Range Shooting do you practice most?

Daves Gunsmithing I have bipods on all my guns I lay on the grond and shoot. I am right handed and have a messtup sholder so I cant stand and hold my gun stedy. I realy like to shoot so I have to improvise.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves gunsmithing View Post
Daves Gunsmithing I have bipods on all my guns I lay on the grond and shoot. I am right handed and have a messtup sholder so I cant stand and hold my gun stedy. I realy like to shoot so I have to improvise.
I am sorry about the shoulder, but I am glad you still shoot. I love to try and shoot distances, but I need to learn so much. I try and view all the YouTube shows on long distance shooting. I had sniper training 42 years ago in VietNam, but the equipment is so improved, especialy the optics. We were operating in the stone ages compared to today. Good luck with your shooting and Merry Christmas. ONTXKD
Old 12-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTXKD View Post
I am sorry about the shoulder, but I am glad you still shoot. I love to try and shoot distances, but I need to learn so much. I try and view all the YouTube shows on long distance shooting. I had sniper training 42 years ago in VietNam, but the equipment is so improved, especialy the optics. We were operating in the stone ages compared to today. Good luck with your shooting and Merry Christmas. ONTXKD
Good to here from you ONTXKD I still use stone age stuff it is all I can aford but I still have fun. Mested up sholder from working on cars for 30 years. I just move the gun over twords my chest a litle bit it alsow helps me keep both eyes open. Mary christmas to you and your famely and I will chat with you later. Daves gunsmithing
Old 02-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Bronze Member

My local range has 14"x14" steel plates set at 300,400,and 500 yards.and a big rig brake drum at 530 yrds,max distance of the range.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTXKD View Post
I am sorry about the shoulder, but I am glad you still shoot. I love to try and shoot distances, but I need to learn so much. I try and view all the YouTube shows on long distance shooting. I had sniper training 42 years ago in VietNam, but the equipment is so improved, especially the optics. We were operating in the stone ages compared to today. Good luck with your shooting and Merry Christmas. ONTXKD
Hay OXTKD I was just wondering if you were still out there I have not herd from you in a while I had to Chang my name to DaveG do to conflict of interests Dave's Gunsmithing sounded to much like a business I really don't have a business yet just graduated from gunsmithing school. I was just wondering how you were doing and your family. I Am doing pretty good took my grand son out deer hunting but all we got were a couple of squirrels. Better luck next time he will be 12 this year so he can hunt with a bow we have been practing.he really wants to kill a deer and eat it hope to here from you soon would like to talk about hog hunting.best regards David.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:47 AM

DaveG: Good to here from you. I had wrist surgery just after Christmas and I have not shot since. They built me a new wrist. I am so far behind in reloading, but at least deer season is over. Everyone is wanting pistol rounds now. They will just wait a little longer. Glad you are hunting with Grandson. You are making good memories. Good Luck and will talk with you later. ONTXKD
Old 02-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Bronze Member

ONTXKD I hope they did a good job on your wrist did they make it bionick? so you can reload twice as fast. I was wondering why I have not herd from you in a wile. It is good to here from you how is your grandson doing did he like his life member ship to NRA. I got my grandson one too right now we all need to do as much as we can to fight the good fight with all these politicians trying to do us in. Ok hope you get better soon and I will talk to you later