Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Which brand of shooting chronograph do you use?
Shooting Chrony 661 36.80%
Oehler 284 15.81%
CED M2 239 13.31%
Pact 159 8.85%
PVM-22 16 0.89%
Pro Chrony 437 24.33%
Voters: 1796. You may not vote on this poll

Which shooting chronograph do you use?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Which shooting chronograph do you use?

I have the CED but it is the first generation and not the M2. It has worked just great for me except it is kind of a pain because of the old software and not being able to utilize a usb.

If I wasn't so cheap I would upgrade to the CED M2 and probably will one day.

Last edited by Len Backus; 04-16-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Silver Member

Do all shooting chrony brand models go flaky in cold weather?

My F-1 chrony is fairly new. Occasionally it will fail to give me a reading on a shot, but that's something I'm OK with. My frustration comes at power-up, when it won't boot up to the point where it is ready to time a shot. The problems seem to be temperature dependent. The colder it is, the less likely it is to to come up clean, when powered up. At moderately cold temps (<50F), the 2nd sensor, or "trap" starts reporting errors on boot-up. But when temps go under say about 40 or so, there are a few different errors that will show up on the display, which is built into the front of the first trap's sensor.

Is this normal? Or did I end up with a factory reject, or something?

It was purchased (new, supposedly) on ebay.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Do all shooting chrony brand models go flaky in cold weather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Heat View Post
My F-1 chrony is fairly new. Occasionally it will fail to give me a reading on a shot, but that's something I'm OK with. My frustration comes at power-up, when it won't boot up to the point where it is ready to time a shot. The problems seem to be temperature dependent. The colder it is, the less likely it is to to come up clean, when powered up. At moderately cold temps (<50F), the 2nd sensor, or "trap" starts reporting errors on boot-up. But when temps go under say about 40 or so, there are a few different errors that will show up on the display, which is built into the front of the first trap's sensor.

Is this normal? Or did I end up with a factory reject, or something?

It was purchased (new, supposedly) on ebay.
actually the warm deal is typical for most all battery usage in cold weather. Mine uses a 9 volt battery, and I always have a spare battery with me even though a battery will usually last well over a year. When I do use mine in very cold weather, I usually remove the battery and pace it in the pocket on my tee shirt till I use it. With it under a couple layers of clothing and a jacket it stays warm. I have to do the samething with my camera batteries as well, and even rolls of film.
gary
Old 04-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Banned

I use a pact.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Silver Member

PACT Pro------no problems, works in sun, shade--- whatever. Well, it did quit when my brother shot one of the "screens". It has given good service for several years.

Great customer service too.

Jim
Old 06-27-2012, 09:49 AM

Shooting chrony Beta master. Just whish I could get hold of the ballistic software Chrony advertises - no dealers/distributors in SA keeps it.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Silver Member

I've been using a CED M2 for the last 4 months with only minor issues. All of those issues were "operator error." In other words, my fault for not reading the manual or comprehending what was written.

The Shooting Chrony Beta Master I was using was too unforgiving. Everything had to be just right in order to get consistant readings. It is boxed up and put away... ready for a garage sale someday.

A 'do nothing' Congress is not always a bad thing. If they pass enough laws, it should be entirely possible to sterilize one's complete life experience.

"The 'tolerant' left has come full circle... and has now become what they so despised."