Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Which brand of shooting chronograph do you use?
Shooting Chrony 661 36.80%
Oehler 284 15.81%
CED M2 239 13.31%
Pact 159 8.85%
PVM-22 16 0.89%
Pro Chrony 437 24.33%
Voters: 1796. You may not vote on this poll

Which shooting chronograph do you use?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 01:06 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Which shooting chronograph do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymissfit View Post
The more I look at the Kurzzeit, the more I want one. I really like their engineering idea.
gary
I researched the Kurzzeit online. That's a pricy unit. It should be good if cost is any indication.

I was most interested in the acoustical chronograph due to the large detection area above the unit for recording down range velocity. I'm not reading much about that model, so I don't know if it's working well or not. I'm going to wait until I hear some positive reviews before purchasing.

Here's a pic of the FEENIX model chronograph. It's compact, not susceptible to lighting variations - I mean it flat out works in the daylight or complete darkness, doesn't require electrical power, and most importantly, it's about the cheapest unit available. It's been reported that operators with quicker reaction times record faster bullet velocity. This one was made in Switzerland. I've not used it yet, but it's officially endorsed by Marshal FEENIX. And he claims that anybody that spends money on a more expensive unit is simply a elitist snob. Here the pic. Seems fool-proof.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Platinum Member

What I liked about the Kurzziet (hope I spelled it right) is the way it sets up, and the fact that it uses four cells facing each other. What I don't like is the rather small hole you shoot thru. The system seems to be made very rigid, and should move very little under a hard muzzel blast. Plus the setup time should be fairly quick if shooting on a public range. You are right about the price being stiff, but if you opt for the Square Peg mount on the Ohler you've spent that $200 (it does make a difference). I'd have to say these are the class of the field right now. Yet there is one more looming out there that many think might be even better (can't remember who makes it).

I just got my ancient Pact up and going again last week after managing to screw up the camera tripod. Now I have no less than three tripods that will work (found them at Goodwill believe it or not!)
gary
Old 07-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Silver Member

I don't use any of the ones listed. I use the Magneto Speed chrono and it works great. Quick to setup and take down when useing multiple rifles at the range. One doesn't have to worry about light conditions and muzzle blast.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Platinum Member

Been using a Magneto Speed too. It runs a few FPS faster than my Oehler 35 but is consistent with several rifles tested with both. The magneto speed is definitely growing on me. I just subtract 10 fps and load up the ballistic app and I am on.

Jeff
Old 07-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Platinum Member

I am thinking of picking up a magnetospeed, the V2 model, after seeing the great results at Townsend. Jeff, will you have the magnetospeed and/or your oehler at the August shoot? If you do i got a new load for my 284 win that i want to shoot over and see what kinda numbers i get and compare to my prochrono.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 07-20-2013, 08:31 AM
Platinum Member

Riley, I should have my new V2 by then. I will bring it along if I have it.

Jeff
Old 07-31-2013, 11:35 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Riley, I should have my new V2 by then. I will bring it along if I have it.

Jeff
Just saw your reply, thanks Jeff, i ordered a V2 yesterday, i should have it soon also. The Oehler confirmation made me a believer!

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/