Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Which Reloading Die Brand Do You Use?
Forster 370 13.47%
Hornady 484 17.63%
Lee 636 23.16%
RCBS 1,458 53.10%
Redding 1,074 39.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2746. You may not vote on this poll

Reloading Die Brand?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Reloading Die Brand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Gary.. I have a Hornady for those rare instances. I have the hammer style too, I use the hammer style when I'm frustrated about something and I need to vent.....
I had to make one out of aluminum once to take apart some ammo that had bad primers. The plastic one would contain the case, but would not hold it in place under impact. Got pissed and made my own caliber specific one. Worked well, but was sorta messy. Now I can pull them with the Forster or the Ericson drill extention.
gary

Old 03-19-2013, 11:28 AM

I got started W/Rock Chuck Bullet Swag when i was a teen when i live north of Redding Ca., then after about 5 moves in the Forest Service i ended up in Oroville with the RCBS factory and Huntington's store next to each other. Their Customer service is great and they will handle any issue as a drop in, they'll even pull a stuck case or similar issue while you wait. I don't think they are leading the pack in inovation anymore, which is a shame.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian49 View Post
I got started W/Rock Chuck Bullet Swag when i was a teen when i live north of Redding Ca., then after about 5 moves in the Forest Service i ended up in Oroville with the RCBS factory and Huntington's store next to each other. Their Customer service is great and they will handle any issue as a drop in, they'll even pull a stuck case or similar issue while you wait. I don't think they are leading the pack in inovation anymore, which is a shame.
The new Summit from RCBS looks interesting for an intermediate press. I like the design but haven't seen one in the flesh yet. I like thye idea of an unside down die thats moves with the case stationary. RCBS also came out (last year) with a Dillon clone military crimp bench mounted removal tool for quite a bit less than Dillon's asking price.

I don't really beiieve there is much to 'innovate' in the realm of reloading dies. IMO, most bases are covered and I still like my RCBS front load competition micrometer seaters better than any other for ease of projectile insertion, repeatability and overall quality.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:58 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian49 View Post
The new Summit from RCBS looks interesting for an intermediate press. I like the design but haven't seen one in the flesh yet. I like the idea of an unside down die thats moves with the case stationary. RCBS also came out (last year) with a Dillon clone military crimp bench mounted removal tool for quite a bit less than Dillon's asking price.

I don't really beiieve there is much to 'innovate' in the realm of reloading dies. IMO, most bases are covered and I still like my RCBS front load competition micrometer seaters better than any other for ease of projectile insertion, repeatability and overall quality.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Silver Member

I like my RCBS but we need to add Wilson to the Poll.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Bronze Member

I prefer Redding and Forster for FL sizing and bullet seating. The Lee Collet dies for Neck Sizing.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:29 PM

In my previous reply i ended stating RCBS wasn't leading with inovation, but that was probably sour grapes. I have the Case Master Gauging Tool and am disappointed, I think the station is doing to many functions and with many devices when you try and do that it ends up not doing any very good.