Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: How Often Do You Hunt Big Game Out Of State?
Never so far, looking forward to it, though! 595 40.48%
Once every 5 years. 200 13.61%
About once every couple of years, my wife is great! 340 23.13%
At least once every year, I am not married! 335 22.79%
Voters: 1470. You may not vote on this poll

How Often Do You Hunt Big Game Out Of State?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Gold Member

Re: How Often Do You Hunt Big Game Out Of State?

I am married but i go at least once a year to hunt at my parents farm in NC.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
If ya live in Idaho why would you ever want to hunt out of state?

Except form maybe PDs and antelope.
+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats where I go for out of state hunting. Im from Oregon, and I love Eastern Oregon, but the quality of game and ability to draw a tag to hunt where you live is virtually nonexistant. Thanks to ODFW it seems the only way to hunt where you live is to have a Portland mailing address when applying for a tag over east! 7 YEARS strait and no deer tag, no antelope tag, and 2 yrs in a row now no elk tag, with 5 years before that! but I know valley people who draw almost every year.......... What a joke!
I love Idaho, and when the day comes to cash in all my Oregon preferance points, I doubt Ill apply for more. Ill just keep going to Idaho, cause it rocks! Quality game, decent length of seasons, and quality OTC tags. Way to go Idaho.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 11-01-2010, 11:44 AM

I ONLY HUNT BIG GAME OUT OF STATE. I CAN'T AFFORD TO HUNT BIG GAME
WHERE I LIVE. THE SYSTEM IS SET UP FOR THE RICH FOLKS OUT OF STATE TO
HUNT HERE.

ONE OF THESE DAYS I WILL GET MY WIFE TO JOIN ME !!!
Old 11-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Silver Member

I haven't hunted out of state since I moved to Alaska more than 40 years ago and my wife is my number 1 hunting partner. She's taken moose, black bear, grizzly bear and caribou with her 300 saum and she puts up with me.

Gus
Old 11-06-2010, 06:00 PM

Never if i cannot get it done in wyoming it is probally not worth it
Old 11-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats where I go for out of state hunting. Im from Oregon, and I love Eastern Oregon, but the quality of game and ability to draw a tag to hunt where you live is virtually nonexistant. Thanks to ODFW it seems the only way to hunt where you live is to have a Portland mailing address when applying for a tag over east! 7 YEARS strait and no deer tag, no antelope tag, and 2 yrs in a row now no elk tag, with 5 years before that! but I know valley people who draw almost every year.......... What a joke!
I love Idaho, and when the day comes to cash in all my Oregon preferance points, I doubt Ill apply for more. Ill just keep going to Idaho, cause it rocks! Quality game, decent length of seasons, and quality OTC tags. Way to go Idaho.
>
I grew up hunting Idaho, they ran me off 8 yrs ago. Came home from 9mo on the road, couldn't prove residency, couldn't get resident tags etc. That was the last year I paid income taxes to Idaho. Moved to MT. Best descision I ever made. Haven't hunted ID since. Is that hunting out of state? Plan to try SD for Pronghorn after I get back from OEF, just for fun.
Moved to MT for the hunting, found my wife there. Took her out hunting 2009 season, put her on 4 deer, with her new rifle she killed them all, one shot one kill. If I go to the range without her, I get into trouble.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Silver Member

I'll be chasing whitetails in Idaho a week from tomorrow. My youngest son (28) will join me this year, don't know if he can keep up with the ol' man. My wife will be along visiting family (we both grew up there) and my 7mm RUM and .22-250AI will be along for the ride.