Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.


View Poll Results: Which guns do you use for predator hunting?
Bolt Action Only 1,505 40.37%
AR-15 Only 187 5.02%
Shotgun Only 17 0.46%
Bolt and Shotgun 607 16.28%
AR-15 and Shotgun 169 4.53%
Both AR-15 and Bolt 1,243 33.34%
Voters: 3728. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Which guns do you use for predator hunting?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #120  
Old 03-26-2013, 10:07 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Forest, La
Posts: 64
Re: Which guns do you use for predator hunting?

Got a R-15 in .223 with a lupy 3-9x40 ahooting 40 grn VMAX's that does great on the yotes. I use it on 95%of my hunts. the other 5%is with my 6.5 Creedmoor 20" GA Precision in a Manners T5 with a HDMR GA reticle. Been shooting out to 1000 yds with it almost every day. It's got no problem reaching out to talk to the yotes with language of lead.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 03-30-2013, 11:50 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW MT in a remote quiet area
Posts: 239
Re: Which guns do you use for predator hunting?

2ea 220 swifts, a 22-250 AI, a 220 swift AI, 223 Les Baer AR "VS 24" DPMS LR 308 Bull Barrel 24" Savage LRH 6.5x284, 2 ea 243 wins. and 3 ea 12 gauge shotguns, which when it gets close and multiple dogs, is the most deadly of all. Copper coated BB loads. I ran a bit with Craig O'Gorman, in Broadus MT in the 70's. One of the best coyote men in the world.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 118
Re: Which guns do you use for predator hunting?

.223 and 12-gauge is my usual tool of the trade.
__________________
Good shoot'n!
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 05-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 74
Re: Which guns do you use for predator hunting?

My go to rifle for varmints is a Ruger m77 in 243win with a Nikon 3-9x40 BDC. Just feels right!
Occasionally I mix things up with my 223 AR or a Savage 308 just for variety's sake. Interesting to see everyone's choices!
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1
Re: Which guns do you use for predator hunting?

I put bolt action only because I use bolt action second to an M1A SOCOMII for predators.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 05-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3
Re: Which guns do you use for predator hunting?

I have an AR-15 in 5.56 with a 24" fluted barrel.
I have an AR-15 in .264 LBC with a 24" Black Hole Weaponry barrel.
I have a Savage M12 in .223 in stainless with 1 in 9 twist and 24" fluted barrel.
I have a Remington 700 in .22/.243 Middlested with a 24" Adams & Bennet stainless fluted barrel with 1 in 12 twist. I only shoot 40 gr. bullets in this gun. It's built for speed!
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 07-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montgomery TX
Posts: 252
Re: Which guns do you use for predator hunting?

Savage 308 bolt 4X -16X 44
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: Which guns do you use for predator hunting?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to predator hunting in Oregon doranSpenst Member Introductions 2 10-22-2010 05:02 PM
predator / varmint hunting in northeast? paulnyc Long Range Hunting & Shooting 0 06-21-2010 10:21 AM
Coyote Hunting At Predator University Len Backus Miscellaneous LRH Video 5 01-26-2010 05:44 AM
Predator Hunting Talkcast bgd6863 Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards 2 03-01-2009 11:41 AM
predator and hog hunting truck cockcroft Other Stuff For Sale 2 05-03-2008 09:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC