Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Do Your Wife And/or Kids Hunt?
My wife hunts 641 38.41%
My wife tried it but doesn't hunt now 220 13.18%
Not yet but I plan to introduce her to it 159 9.53%
My kids hunt 965 57.82%
My kids tried it but don't hunt 125 7.49%
Not yet but I plan to introduce them to it 337 20.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1669. You may not vote on this poll

Do Your Wife And/or Kids Hunt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 05:27 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Do Your Wife And/or Kids Hunt?

Future wife hunt, with rifle, bow, shotgun, also fish's
got her first deer with a rifle in south texas last year, still trying to set her up for first bow kill

-matt
Old 04-06-2012, 07:18 PM

I was heading out to shoot some squirrels today when my 2yr old son yelled out,
"I want to go hunting with you!!" Well how can you say no to that!
Took him on his first hunting adventure and bagged 3 squirrels. We both had a blast! The first of what I hope will be several hunting trips with my son.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:48 PM

Are you kidding? My wife gets an attitude when I mention hunting, reloading, duck decoys or dogs. It's only been 37 years. Do you think I have a chance?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Platinum Member

My wife was taught to hunt by her father . She watches over the the little ones . I am looking forward to purchasing a hot pink BB-gun (Remington of course) and take the whole family hunting ! I took my wife hunting on our first date . Top that !! LOL she says it wasnt but I know it was ...

Bigbuck
Old 06-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Silver Member

My wife has shot a deer but doesn't care either way. However this is a plus for me she doesn't complain about all my hunting or money spending and I don't have to pay for two hunters. Well not yet I got a 2yr old son that will be my future hunting partner. Can't wait
Old 07-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Bronze Member

When I met my wife she was an anti. A member of Greenpeace, and other organizations. She was very anti gun. It took six months to convert her. Today she will shoot a Moose faster than I will.

My wife collects 357 Mag pistols. She is a Certified Shooting Instructor, and teaches women's home defense courses. She started our son shooting at the age of five, with a little Chipmunk 22. Our son is now 23 and has been hunting since he was 8. He shot his first Caribou at the age of 8. First Wolf at the age of 10, and first Moose at 11 with a 58 cal muzzle loader.
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Bronze Member

Okay, we need to refine the question a little more because I feel left out! How about "Does your spouse and/or kids hunt?" I am in the unique position of having a husband who does not big game hunt.

My eldest daughter (16) and I are hunting fools. After a 16 year break from big game hunting while I raised my girls, I took her antelope, deer, and elk hunting last year. She has harvested her first antelope, passed on three deer under 100 yds, and had multiple elk in her scope at 75 yds, just the wrong sex! She is a terror on paper targets, loves squirrel hunting, doesn't mind hunting in 10 degree weather for elk, or hiking over hill and dale playing tag with speedy goats! Weighs 100 lbs, can carry a 50lb pack, and doesn't shy away from helping me field dress and butcher. She proudly served antelope burgers from the grill on her 16th birthday! Her FB profile picture is her shooting her rifle from a bench rest.

This year, I cajoled my husband into going antelope hunting for the first time, and my youngest daughter (12) wants to fill her antelope tag with her bow! I did a good job convincing my hubby that antelope were just like playing hide and seek, and that it was tons of fun! We will all finally be doing this together for the first time! I can die a happy woman after that hunt!