Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Do Your Wife And/or Kids Hunt?
My wife hunts 641 38.41%
My wife tried it but doesn't hunt now 220 13.18%
Not yet but I plan to introduce her to it 159 9.53%
My kids hunt 965 57.82%
My kids tried it but don't hunt 125 7.49%
Not yet but I plan to introduce them to it 337 20.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1669. You may not vote on this poll

Do Your Wife And/or Kids Hunt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 06:46 AM

Re: Do Your Wife And/or Kids Hunt?

My Wife enjoys bird hunting but doesn't hunt with a rifle. The Boys never had a chance - when the first one was born; I built a 4x8 box blind for deer hunting. Use to to take toys, snacks, drinks and the diaper bag (yep, actually changed them in the stand). That was a while ago now 24 & 28 and two of my favorite hunting partners. Just spent last weekend with them getting the stands ready for bow season.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:38 AM
Gold Member

My wife has always enjoyed shooting. She is going to start hunting this fall.

My two boys have shot and hunted ever since they were able to hold a gun.

My daughter likes to shoot. No interest in hunting. Last Feburary she competed in the Junior Olympics for Nordic skiing. They let the athletes try the biathlon - she did not miss any targets the entire day. She absolutely loved it. She is one of the top athletes in the country for Nordic skiing. If all goes as her coaches expect we may be seeing her in the olympics.
RMNS 8:28
Old 09-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Bronze Member

My wife started going out with her dad while he was hunting 60 years ago and she never looked back. She quit going for elk for a few years because the area we hunted was a little tough. The guys and their sons were fun but I missed the family thing so we changed and it's a family affair again. Our son started walking with Grandpa, Grandma, Mom and Dad when he was 2, 36 years ago. Next week we are looking for 8 antelope in Wyoming for Mom, Dad, Son and future daughter. Now we have to work on the Granddaughter who's 8 but the ex decided to be anti hunting after the divorce, but that's another story. For all you guys who's family doesn't hunt and shoot I am sorry. It's fun to share the experience for 365 days a year.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Platinum Member

My fiancée is kind enough to try shooting at least... not quite to the point of getting her hunting yet ;)
Old 10-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Silver Member

Len, you forgot to include an answer that says, "Neither my wife, nor my kids hunt, and they don't plan to hunt" Both my kids are grown and have never been interested in hunting. My wife accompanies me on hunting trips, but would rather read a book than hunt (I don't understand her attitude
She has no problem with my hunting, though. I hope to introduce my 9-year-old grandson into hunting, but only after he has completed a course in handling a firearm and has received some further instruction at the rifle range. It looks like he is the only family member who may be a prospect as a hunting buddy. At this point, he would rather be stuck in front of a computer screen than pull a trigger.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:32 AM

Good poll. Strong Bowman
Old 10-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Gold Member

The sweetest words came out of my wifes mouth last night - "Are we going crow hunting on Saturday morning?"
RMNS 8:28