close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Do Your Wife And/or Kids Hunt?
My wife hunts 705 38.38%
My wife tried it but doesn't hunt now 249 13.55%
Not yet but I plan to introduce her to it 173 9.42%
My kids hunt 1,055 57.43%
My kids tried it but don't hunt 131 7.13%
Not yet but I plan to introduce them to it 367 19.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1837. You may not vote on this poll

Do Your Wife And/or Kids Hunt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-15-2013, 09:45 PM

Re: Do Your Wife And/or Kids Hunt?

My wife goes hunting by side for many years. As for shooting them she gave that part up about 20 years ago. Still spots but I drop, this will be my first year my son has missed a deer hunt in his life he is at Army Basic Training and shot expert (proud dad sorry- not bragging) When he was 1 year old had him on my shoulders shooting rabbits, by age 2 I could shoot ducks with him on, (had to put him down for geese) At about 5 years old I put a bead on a Snake Charmer 410.so he could drop jackrabbits. And the story goes from there-- itís a proven fact if your kids donít hunt, shoot or fish they will grow up and put earrings in their nose and wear chaps without pants.

Unread 11-23-2013, 09:17 AM

my wife and son are hunting while I'm out of town workIng. it is 12 degrees there and they are on set waiting for a nice white tail buck to come by.
I shot this 17 inch inside buck last week while home for a couple hours. sorry can't seem to figure out how to attach a picture with this system and I am a little bit technological Wise.
Paul
Unread 11-23-2013, 12:38 PM

they are my wives but I take but I take them and their kids out anyway,my wife EX didn't like hunting or shooting I guess that's why she's an EX
Unread 12-23-2015, 08:28 AM
Gold Member

My wife has gone a handful of times, always has fun, but is never chomping at the bit to go back. Both of my daughters hunt with me. Both killed their first deer before they were 10. My youngest killed her first at the age of 8 at 378 yards, second at 357 yards....Actually my youngest and I are leaving early this afternoon for a bear hunt. She really wants a bear rug in her room.

Both my girls like to shoot shotguns, are on the school shooting team, and really enjoy bird hunting. Both have taken turkey (youngest was #1 in nation with crossbow on Eastern, not sure where she stands now), dove, quail and ducks. Ducks and quail are high on their lists these days. We throw in the occassional rabbit hunt for variety.

Now that they are older, I really enjoy the hunts in our insulated and fully enclosed deer stands. Not only do we have lots of time together, but we are also able to talk. We have some great discussions in the field, and many I dont feel would be as open or as frank if we were not hunting. Being alone in the blind for 4 hours, allows us to be at ease and engage in conversations that would never be as beneficial in another setting. Hunting has definatley helped us to stay in contact and keeps us very close.
Unread 12-28-2015, 10:52 PM

Yes my wife and kids hunt a lot, wouldn't have it any other way. PTL!
Unread 02-15-2016, 07:27 AM
Bronze Member

I take my wife and kids hunting as much as I can. I was really hoping to get my 12yr old son to fill my cow tag this year. Sadly two kids are about as close to moose repellent as you can find! My wife did get her first big game animal this year. She shot this big old cow at just over 80 yards with her 270 Win with 130gr TTSX. One of the fastest one shot kills I have ever seen on a moose. High shoulder/lung shot dropped her cow like a rock, and never even twitched.

My boy doing some bunny hunting
Unread 02-18-2016, 09:47 PM
Bronze Member

Wife,one kid,five grandkids so far,more still getting old enough.