Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Do Your Wife And/or Kids Hunt?
My wife hunts 641 38.43%
My wife tried it but doesn't hunt now 220 13.19%
Not yet but I plan to introduce her to it 159 9.53%
My kids hunt 964 57.79%
My kids tried it but don't hunt 125 7.49%
Not yet but I plan to introduce them to it 337 20.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1668. You may not vote on this poll

Do Your Wife And/or Kids Hunt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Do Your Wife And/or Kids Hunt?

My wife hunts to support my habit. She gets to spend quality time with me that way.

I nearly ruined my daughter. Her first day big game hunting at 12 years old she brought home a B&C antelope. Nice little 210 yard poke with a Weatherby youth 7-08. She is hooked, that leaves her little brother to join the fray this year as he will be 12 this year.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:14 PM

i went broke 2 times farming. but it was a vehicle to keep my kids close to GOD and mothernature. they were shooting 22 cal at 5 yrsold. howing crotolare out of soy beans at 5. my friends ask me (how do you havethe relation ship with your children?) i tell the the 3 WS woods, water& wildlife!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 06-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Bronze Member

Took my kids to hunt goats this last year in Wyoming and we had a blast. I did learn I cant hunt at the say time as they do because they need more help then I had realized.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:26 AM
Bronze Member

my 10yr old son and i have taken a few squirrels and dove here in illinois. no big game yet but good times non the less. i hope to get a whitetail this year while hes with me.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank cain View Post
i went broke 2 times farming. but it was a vehicle to keep my kids close to GOD and mothernature. they were shooting 22 cal at 5 yrsold. howing crotolare out of soy beans at 5. my friends ask me (how do you havethe relation ship with your children?) i tell the the 3 WS woods, water& wildlife!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Being a farmer, I can relate to that. The old saying 'Farm to you go broke' I've been lucky. I'm specilized and and I do it part time.......

Far as the wife and kids go, the poll don't apply to me.

My wife likes firearms but has no desire to hunt or shoot. They are pieces of curiosity, nothing more. She hunts at the supermarket and in the garden....

My son is an attorney and a Democrat and hates any and all firearms. Don't know what happened, but he's in his 30's now so I'm not going to change his opinion and I don't give a damn either.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:30 AM
Bronze Member

Very nice guys... "does your wife hunt", perhaps you should does your husband hunt. My name is Rachel, and I live in Payson, AZ., and I hunt
Old 09-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Bronze Member

My wife loves shooting Ruff Grouse, and Ptarmigan. She also likes shooting Black Bears and Moose. She does not like hunting Caribou, because she does not like Caribou meat.

Both of my sons hunt. The oldest one lives in Oragan and hunts Turkey. The youngest one lives here in Fairbanks. He and I just finished a Caribou hunt last week. We both got Caribou. He and his buddy want to go for Dall Sheep next week in the Brooks Range.
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.