Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Do You Shoot Rifle Competition?
YES 775 33.52%
NO 1,537 66.48%
Voters: 2312. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Shoot Rifle Competition?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Do You Shoot Rifle Competition?

Chas1,

PM sent.

Tbone
Old 01-14-2010, 10:30 AM

I retired a few years ago and now have the time to devote to this life long passion I have had for long range shooting. I plan to get involved soon with fellow shooters and really appreciate the info provided by all of you. Thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 02:11 AM
Platinum Member

Havent yet,but after watchinh one in Nevada, I can see giving it a whirl sometime in the next few years. Looks fun

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 02-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcamp54 View Post
You have a 600 yd range in Billings and I think in Butte. It's been a long time since I've been there so they might even have 1K by now. I learned long time ago if you want to shoot High Power matches you must travel. When I lived in the Dakota's I made regular trips to Lander WY and Billings MT. The longest drive was always to Camp Perry but well worth the effort. If you've never been to Camp Perry you own it to yourself to go.

Gordon
I think that's the biggest thing is the distance. I wouldn't mind driving for competitions but I've got too much on my plate to drive to Butte to practice every week. Just going to have to get the state to fund a new range around here I guess!
Old 03-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Gold Member

I shoot f-class at quantico with my .308 and am also looking to try tactical matchss to improve firing under stress and from unconventional positions. May start shooting 3 gun too just for kicks, and gives me an excuse to build an AR.

I feel f-class is good for gathering Real world drift and drop data and can see how different temperature and such affects your dope. Not to mention it's just plain fun.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member

I would love to give it a try, but don't know of anyone that puts them on in the IOWA area. Willing to travel within state borders thou.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Gold Member

Trueblue,
I don't know what part of the state you are in but accross the river to the West there are 600yd F-class matches at Louisville. If you mouse over the 600yd Prone match dates there will be contact info pop up, give Gene a call, I am sure he will also know of any Iowa F-class matches.

Eastern Nebraska Gun Club Calendar of Events

Also this weekend and every month during the summer there is an IBS Benchrest match at Pella, IA. They also have a factory class.

IOWA 1,000 YARD BENCHREST ASSOCIATION

Contact Gordy Gritters (contact info in link) for more information.

James