Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Do you prefer a hunting rifle with a detachable mag?
YES 1,224 54.35%
NO 1,028 45.65%
Voters: 2252. You may not vote on this poll

Do you prefer a hunting rifle with a detachable mag?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 04:43 AM
Silver Member

Re: Do you prefer a hunting rifle with a detachable mag?

you can single load a DM if you want but you can't swap mags on a non DM ?
Old 09-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Platinum Member

Since this site is called "Long Range Hunting" my earlier post was in reference to the way I hunt. However, if I was going to engage into battle, the a DM would be my choice. I do not hunt dangerous game and do not feel that animals are my enemy.

Jeff
Old 09-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Silver Member

each to there own etc , there is something to be said for the simplicity of a non DM system it's just for me i like the flexibility of being able to choose how to run my gun depending on the situation ? i do quite a lot of culling and a detacable mag suits me and i can also use the same gun if the range stretches out a bit ?

i aggree animals are not enemys , lord knows i have enough of them!

as the great winston churchill said , 'if your not upsetting people then your most likely not doing anything worth while'
Old 09-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Platinum Member

I like a DBM simple because I can set up put a mag in and shoot, then drop the mag cycle the bolt and I'm 100% safe. I don't need more capacity or to swap loads, just had a rifle that had one and really liked it and will set up my current rigs as funds allow to be DBM.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 09-23-2010, 04:21 PM

I prefer hinged floor plate. As stated before no loss and easy unloading too.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Platinum Member

I love the idea of having a mag for esae of loading/unloading, but unless you go with a custom build of somekind most mags severely hamper the C.O.A.L. of ammo you hand load, wich inturn hampers bullet selection due to seating depth issues commonly associated with some very popular bullets (namely Bergers etc) your hosed if you have a clip (uness you happen to get lucky) so Ill have to stick with my hinged floor plate. Eventhough I dont shoot Bergers I like to have the ability to load long and play with seating depth.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 10-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Gold Member

Another thing to forget, lose, drop, get dirty and cause problems. Not on a real hunting rifle if you cant figure out a drop plate stick to target shooting.